freakinawesome
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

I love my VM 2266h - that is all

Postby freakinawesome » 03 Aug 2010, 17:31

Well not quite.

I've been playing it tonight and thought I'd come on here to express my joy in terms of the tones I'm getting out of this monster of an amp.

I got it a few months ago used,didn't sound fantastic but then in went new valves,biased properly and now I'm used to the controls = :beerme very happy chap indeed!!

I would love it to be two channel (an extra one for clean would be nice) but it cleans very nicely via the guitar knob,just being a bit lazy :bgrin Anyway I do love the feeling of turning up from clean/breakup to rip roarin marshall middyness!

I've had a few amps over the last couple of years and I can safely say this one will not be sold anytime soon.

So,thanks to the builder/s!

Cheers

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: I love my VM 2266h - that is all

Postby surfnorthwest » 03 Aug 2010, 18:13

Great to hear you are getting along with it, welcome to the forum!
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 04 Aug 2010, 12:12

Welcome to the forum freakinawesome. :Thumbs
Still my guitar gently weeps

freakinawesome
<25
<25

Postby freakinawesome » 07 Aug 2010, 17:41

Thanks!
Just had another jamming session to learn a whole new setlist tonight and it's such a great amp.I've finally found THE amp for me. Like a few people here I had the JVM and really didn't like it (I know it's a Marshall forum, sorry!) but I can see that it would be better for metal.

I actually tried a VM in a shop before and didn't like it at all, which is a lesson I've learned the hard way. In the shop I thought it was fizzy and bright. Now I know how to use it properly the sounds I'm getting are out of this world. The sustain I was getting tonight was crazy, I hadn't even plugged in my delay!

Seriously happy with my 2266, I'll be getting another (maybe the combo) just in case they stop making them!

I'm off to research the best way of setting up a 2nd channel. I'd much rather have the single channel with the tones I'm getting though - I'll work around it!

CrossRoadBlues
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby CrossRoadBlues » 07 Aug 2010, 19:00

Welcome freakinawesome,

ive just sold my JVM which i wasnt 100% happy with, im looking to get a VM soon,

please tell me, on the scale of 1-10, rate the JVM and then the VM
(anyone else can take part in this if you've owned or played both amps)

it will help me decide if the VM is for me, thanks

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”