Moderator: longfxukxnhair

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

back to VM

Postby teddy07x » 05 Oct 2008, 04:52

After countless hours in the studio with amps like Mesa Boogie, Marshall 2555, Koch, Soldano, Bogner, Diezel, Divided by 13, bla bla bla bla and etc etc etc... I've currently decided to go back to the VM. As much as it's cool to mess with sounds. In the pre-mixing stages I found that only a mere 5-10% of the Other than marshall amps were used for main amps. The Koch was very impressive but the power tranny died out halfway through the recording of the album.

Anyways, for the tour the band is gonna rely on either 2466 or 2266 heads along V30 cabinets. Depends on how they work.
Along with Divided by 13 and Diezel as per request of the guitarist.

So that's how it goes when you think there is stuff out there that's so much better.

you end up with something you started with.

The reason being is that the old modded marshall heads aren't all that great anymore. There are some colors you want and need. But for a good allround sound the VM is perfect.
I wouldn't say soon is the word. Axl Rose

"When asked about his son’s failures, the elder Bush said, “You can go back to your, what do you call it, your Google, and you figure out all that." G.H.W Bush

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 05 Oct 2008, 07:42

You are 100% correct Teddy, there is not much better out there for great tone other than the VM. I also like the Diezel Einstien amp but only for heavy metal, don't think I would ever buy one. The 2466 and Vin30 cabs will sound great live on tour, I would definetly go with the 100 watt heads just to get that louder clean tone in low range. I switched from using the 425 cabinet to using Vin 30s a few months after I got my VM, I now am using Lead 80s which I personally like the best.

Good luck on tour, like I said if you are here in the US and come up around Seattle let me know.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby teddy07x » 05 Oct 2008, 23:24

surfnorthwest wrote:You are 100% correct Teddy, there is not much better out there for great tone other than the VM. I also like the Diezel Einstien amp but only for heavy metal, don't think I would ever buy one. The 2466 and Vin30 cabs will sound great live on tour, I would definetly go with the 100 watt heads just to get that louder clean tone in low range. I switched from using the 425 cabinet to using Vin 30s a few months after I got my VM, I now am using Lead 80s which I personally like the best.

Good luck on tour, like I said if you are here in the US and come up around Seattle let me know.
we are going on a US tour eventually. Seattle will be one of the places. :)
I wouldn't say soon is the word. Axl Rose

"When asked about his son’s failures, the elder Bush said, “You can go back to your, what do you call it, your Google, and you figure out all that." G.H.W Bush

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”