Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Tnjpekar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

the more I use it, the more I love it

Postby Tnjpekar » 07 Oct 2008, 10:25

well, been using the vm instead of the jmp in my rig now for a few months for gigs, and I have this
thing doing everything my superbass did, and even a bit more.
saturdays gig, vm and jvm, jvm with a lexi in the loop for a nice wet chorus/tape echo patch (no, I dont midi, same patch on all night long, me a one trick pony)
use the split master vol's on the jvm for solo boosts so it jumps out at you. set the vm slightly louder in rhythm mode so they balance during leads.
I could command harmonic feedback coversion at will all night long. Had guys in other bands coming up
to me telling me how good the rig sounded. I dont use the footswitch with the amp, favoring the set it and
forget it approach I have gone with for the last 30 years, but with a simple pull back on the guitars vol controll, I was more than able to clean up, play nice open voicings in conjunction with the peizo for tunes like December (collective soul), clean up for eve 6 and boulevard of broken dreams from green day, or rip it out playing van halen, dixie dregs, stone temple pilots or jeff beck.
once those kt66 tubes get a chance to heat up, they really cook!
me in love all over again!

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 07 Oct 2008, 12:26

Straight from the heart via the hands, you can't beat it. Rock on T! :)

classic rock
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby classic rock » 07 Oct 2008, 12:35

It really is amazing how much better it sounds when the amp is warmed up. You really have to let the tubes get cooking before playing. I think thats why some people that give it a try in guitar centers do not like. They dont give the tubes a chance to warm up.
ELECTRIC GUITARS
American Strat APS-2 \ Gibson Les Paul #34 '57s \ Gibson Les Paul Classic Burstbucker Pros \
AMPS
Marshall VM 2466 425A Cab \ 65 Fender Bassman 50 Watt \ 93 Fender Vibroverb
EFFECTS
Dunlop JH-F1 > Barber Direct Drive LG > Zendrive > Lovepedal Vibe > Fulltone Wah > Korg Pitch Black Tuner > Radial Bigshot A/B/Y Switch
ATTENUATORS
Marshall Powerbrake \ Dr Z Airbrake - - - Powebrake definitely takes the cake - - -

Tnjpekar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Tnjpekar » 07 Oct 2008, 14:10

SteveD wrote:Straight from the heart via the hands, you can't beat it. Rock on T! :)
Exactly. I did a pick up with this thing a few weeks ago. just that 2x12 with the tone tubbys, my lester, a cable, and the VM. total tonal controll, pick responsive, yet able to grind for near metal tones at will.
The Jvm is a great amp for tonal mish mosh, cleans to metal, but for my tone, it just gets the echo and chorus. for my main sound I still prefer that plexi on steroids thing, and I have to say that my 2466 is
REALLY getting it done.
Dude, you did a great job. if you find yourself stateside at korg, let me know, I have to take you to dinner for this one.

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”