Fred29
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: C16 - 100nF - capacitor right before Fx Loop

Postby Fred29 » 22 Jun 2021, 10:12

Hi guys,

I'm new here and really need help with my VoxAc50cph head. As this thread looks still active I think some of you could help me. At this point sorry for not creating an own thread!

I bought this amp for 150€. The owner said he never touched it and worked fine when he used it, but doesn't know why there is no sound anymore and lights and tubes light up. I thought this is a nice deal and would cost me just a set of new tubes and fuses.... that guy really played a false game with me, because this amp was heavily modified, fuses were burned, 2 ICs were missing and so on... Afterall, I managed to restore all these things but I still get no playable sound. If every knob is turned fully up, I get an extremly weak signal and click/pop sounds. I put so many hours in that amp and I can't go any further even with the schematics.

One thing I can't find on the schematics is a 2nd cable coming from the guitar input to the pre-amp board. I have seen photos of this amp with and without this cable, but never where it is exactly attached to.
IMG_2307.JPG
IMG_2307.JPG (523.12 KiB) Viewed 876 times
I think/hope this is the last straw to get this amp finally working. If someone has a good photo of the inside (pcb boards), I would highly appreciate it! It would help to figure out what should be there and what not. It is such a pain in the a** to restore something that someone messed up heavily

Thanks, Fred

HF1600ie
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: C16 - 100nF - capacitor right before Fx Loop

Postby HF1600ie » 22 Sep 2021, 04:34

Hi,
take a look at this photos :
http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/ac50cp2_hood.html

That shielded cable should go close to the RCA phono reverb connectors. There´s a conenctor there. Maybe it´s related to it ? Send me photos, of all boards. Maybe I can help you.

That white cable in the upper left I believe shouldn´t be there too

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”