Vintage Modern 2266 + Looper Switcher (problem)

Vintage Modern Head and Combo

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Sebiwylde
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Vintage Modern 2266 + Looper Switcher (problem)

Postby Sebiwylde » 19 Jul 2023, 05:14

Hi All,

I'm new here and this is my first post to Roadhouse forum.

Since a few months I proudly own a black 2266 VM and really love it!
It's the perfect amp for my new Scandinavian Rock Projekt (style like "The Hellacopters" ,etc.).

For being a little bit more flexible, I would like to use a Looper Switcher like the "Caiman Tail Loop" Switcher from One Control.

Caiman Tail Loop

This switcher has five Loops and two programmable footswitch Outputs (one is TRS). It is also possible to configure the FS Outs being latch type or momentary (normally closed or open).
So that should basically work, as the VM uses a momentary type switching for changing LDR <-> HDR Mode and latching for toggling Reverb on and off (I don't need the Reverb).

The plan is programming some Presets with this switcher, using different pedals and LDR/ HDR in different combinations.

And here is my problem. Because the LDR/ HDR switching is momentary type, the Caiman Tail Loop doesn't know in what Mode (HDR or LDR) the amp is at the moment.

Here is an example of what I would like to be able to do:

Preset 001 (Clean) Low Dynamic Range
Preset 002 (Crunch) Low Dynamic Range + Loop1 (Overdrive)
Preset 003 (Lead) High Dynamic Range + Loop2 (Booster)

When programming the switcher for that example, the momentary trigger should be set to "ON" (with preset 003) for the change from preset 001 (LDR) to preset 003 (HDR). The Amp switches from LDR to HDR mode when you engage preset 003.
In order to get back to the clean preset 001 (LDR), the trigger would also have to be set to "ON" for preset 001 (the Amp then switches back to LDR mode when you engage preset 001). So far, so good...

But if I now want to switch from preset 002 (LDR) to preset 001 (also LDR), the switching trigger for preset 001 should not be set/programmed to "ON" because this time I want to stay in “Low Dynamic Range” mode.

This could be solved, if the HDR/ LDR mode switch would be a latch type, like the Reverb.
So my question is, why is the mode switch a momentary type and is it possible (How big is the effort?) to convert it to latch type.

I hope my request was understandable as English is not my mother tongue.
I am grateful for any help and hope that there is a solution to my problem.
Thanks in advance!

sikter
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 463 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Re: Vintage Modern 2266 + Looper Switcher (problem)

Postby sikter » 05 Aug 2023, 13:27

I do understand the issue but don’t see easy way to solve it

My system is simulating manual mode and is switching one function at the time. That’s easy.

You want to switch patches but system doesn’t know if HDR is on or off. It just toggles it and in some situations it will toggle it when it is not supposed to do that.
You need something in between to tell HDR status and toggle it corresponding.
It could be too advanced and not very practical. You do not want to install wire in your amp.

Greeting from Norway.
:dunno

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”