Moderator: longfxukxnhair

maiden666
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Vm 2266 and a jem555,flattop usa solid colour wolgang

Postby maiden666 » 17 Aug 2009, 13:09

hi there,s a guy with a black ibanez jem555 or a usa peavey wolfgang flattop solid colour wanting to swap for my 2006 gibby lp studio,have any of u guys used this jem before and i was wondering what it would be like with the vm as i would have to meet hime halfway between me at newcatle and him in edinburgh,ive always wanted a jem but iam pondering if it would suit the vm with its diamarzio evo,s any help!! :think
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye lp
Mxr Zakk Wylde overdrive
Mxr Black Label Chorus
Greg Covington treble booster(for those queen moments)

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Re: Vm 2266 and a jem555,flattop usa solid colour wolgang

Postby gtrman » 18 Aug 2009, 00:31

Hi
I have two Jems myself. Haven't really played that much with those on the VM. My preference is Gibsons. I find them to be very articulate on the VM.
I'll record a sample for you so you could hear for yourself.... heck i'll even do the same setting on a Gibson. I'll try to get it done later today.
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

maiden666
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby maiden666 » 18 Aug 2009, 09:59

gtrman wrote:Hi
I have two Jems myself. Haven't really played that much with those on the VM. My preference is Gibsons. I find them to be very articulate on the VM.
I'll record a sample for you so you could hear for yourself.... heck i'll even do the same setting on a Gibson. I'll try to get it done later today.
thanks but ive changed me mind no way iam i getiin rid of the usa gibby for a korean fancy jem,if it was the japan jem yes but not the korean one,ill look forward to your clips anyway,thanks :Cheers :rocker
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye lp
Mxr Zakk Wylde overdrive
Mxr Black Label Chorus
Greg Covington treble booster(for those queen moments)

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby gtrman » 18 Aug 2009, 23:54

maiden666 wrote:
gtrman wrote:Hi
thanks but ive changed me mind no way iam i getiin rid of the usa gibby for a korean fancy jem,if it was the japan jem yes but not the korean one,ill look forward to your clips anyway,thanks :Cheers :rocker
Good choise. Gibson is just such a perfect guitar for the VM. I used to own a LP Studio Wine red (with gold fininsh). Great guitar but I sold it to upgrade to a LP Custom.
I have recorded the clips .. just need to edit before posting .. hopefullt tonight. Just check the clips section ...
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”