Who here is using a VM for regular pro gigging?

Vintage Modern Head and Combo

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Terry McInturff
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Who here is using a VM for regular pro gigging?

Postby Terry McInturff » 07 Sep 2009, 13:31

Tell us how it's going, and what the instrumentation lineup in your band is.
Thanks!

mety
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Re: Who here is using a VM for regular pro gigging?

Postby mety » 08 Sep 2009, 04:32

I've used my 2466 with my Ozzy-era Black Sabbath tribute band since its release.
I've had no issues with the amp, apart from a valve going down once, (which can happen to any amp).
Its totally reliable and I still smile every time I hit my first chord of the sound-check! :Thumbs
I also have the 2266 as a backup.

My band: Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums.
Gibson Les Paul 25/50 Anniversary Custom, Les Paul Custom, Les Paul Standard, SG Special Faded.
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard Plus,
Custom-Made CH Iommi SG Standard.
Boss GT-10.
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 (2007), ]JMP50 (1974), 2203 MkII Master Volume. (1979) Orange TH30 (2011)
Marshall Vintage Modern 425A, 425B (2007).
Marshall 1960A (1978) 1960B (1980). (G12T-75's)
http://www.sabbatica.co.uk

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby gtrman » 08 Sep 2009, 05:28

mety wrote:I've used my 2466 with my Ozzy-era Black Sabbath tribute band since its release.
I've had no issues with the amp, apart from a valve going down once, (which can happen to any amp).
Its totally reliable and I still smile every time I hit my first chord of the sound-check! :Thumbs
I also have the 2266 as a backup.

My band: Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums.

That is an awesome live setup u got there.
I think I can picture the VM doing old Sabbath.
Now whip out some live YouTube clips from one of your shows. U must rock !!
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

Tnjpekar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Tnjpekar » 09 Sep 2009, 20:14

use the Vm alongside the jvm in my live rig for every show
links to the two bands I play in are in my sig, one is a top 40 rock band, the other is a texas blues thing
amp can do most anything you ask of it if you know how to ask properly

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 182 times
Been liked: 98 times

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 09 Sep 2009, 23:27

Pretty much my band consists of:

Vocals, Me on Lead/Rhythm Guitar,Bass and Drums. We play Rock N Roll,Metal,Oldies,Pop,Blues and a little Country but we are mostly Hard Rock.

I've had the Vintage Modern 2466 100 watt head since March and it has since replaced my 1966 Fender Bandmaster as my main amplifier.

I use it with a 2x12 cab and every practice has been amazing and every gig has been sheer stunning. I will get people who know absolutly nothing about Guitars and amplifiers along with professionals amp/guitar gurus who praise the way my tone sounds not only live but on cd and in their stereos.The Vintage Modern just jumps out on recordings and a live situation as if you were hearing the song in 3d, theres so many textures just in one of my guitar tracks thats its been truly an amazing expirence having the Vintage Modern in my rig.

While I think I've always had great tone in most amplifiers I've used, I've knocked every ball out of the ballpark with the VM and I've never had the legions of people asking me what the secret is to my sound like I do now. I can plug my guitar into a 15 watt practice amp and still sound good and like myself but when I plug into the Vintage Modern its as if I had just made out with every girl in my top 10 dream girls list. Its Orgasmic!

Dream girls aside this thing is a pussy magnet! girls love watching my band practice and they love the solos as well :-)
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
Marshall 2466 100watt Vintage Modern w/ Matching 425A cab
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Guitars: 6 Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Pickups.

Erikk Von Hyde
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Erikk Von Hyde » 10 Sep 2009, 13:42

At the end of the day that's what it's all about man... chicks :party
" Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy "

MATHIEU
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby MATHIEU » 10 Sep 2009, 16:02

I've been using the VM for a little over 2 years in a basic 2 guitar, bass, drum cover band. We play about 3 times a month doing anything we like(and the singers can sing) from Cream to STP, Cheap Trick to Old 97's.
I play a 95 PRS custom 22 w Bareknuckle Mule pickups, VM into 1936 cab w/Eminence Red Fangs.Not a lot of effects, ProCo Rat, Crybaby, and some delay pedal I use rarely, and can't even think of the name. Never had a problem, no backup, but I'm getting nervous thinking everyone has a backup amp but me.
It's a great amp, I can play at any volume level and get a tone I like. Loud is better though.
We do some songs in dropped D and G tuning that I use a Rickenbacker 360 12 string that I took the 6 octave strings off.
I put on a medium heavy set of strings so the neck doesn't warp too bad, and it sounds great.

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”