Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Deputy Dawg
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby Deputy Dawg » 24 Sep 2008, 07:44

Steve D...

Was the codename "Cougar" related at all to a "Vintage Modern" woman?! Ha.... LOL! You know.... Looked (sounded) great in the past, still looks (sounds) great in the present! I don't know if you call nice looking 40 "ish" women cougars over in Britain but we sometimes do in Canada!

Deputy Dawg
Tone is a subjective thing, and a subject I love talking about...

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 24 Sep 2008, 13:57

No, it was just animal names in alphabetical order but I like the way you're thinking. :)

HappyBlues
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

knobs...

Postby HappyBlues » 02 Oct 2008, 00:23

Well I don't know what is difference between vintage marshall's pots/knobs, modern one's and VM's, but I know I like knobs of my VM combo 100% more than any other amp I have ever come to turn. It just feels solid like it's built to last so long that I will have my effects replaced 2 times till the day of my combo comes to end and I have to replace or take it for restoration. Really solid feel. And still they are easy to turn... Every aspect of VM makes me think I bought something amazingly special.
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 3x SC, natural finish, RM Pickups RS6s
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 2x SC, 1x HB, transparent red finish
Boss FA-1, Fender PT-100 Tuner, Boss BluesDriver 2 clone - dual channel, Fulldrive 2 Mosfet clone, Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy, Electro-Harmonix Worm (the big one)
Custom made amp in hardwood cabinet and Fender Blackface and Marshall Jub type preamps. Jub power amp. Celestion G12 Century Next speaker.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 02 Oct 2008, 00:49

The difference is that the grip part of the knobs on the Vintage Modern have a rubberised feel i.e. 'soft touch'. 8)

HappyBlues
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

soft touch

Postby HappyBlues » 06 Oct 2008, 04:02

Oh, I understand now. It's not metal like rest of the knob, it's rubberised. I like it. It's really nice to turn the knobs, however I really never have to turn them much... Since good amp does not need hours of tweaking to get a good tone. And VM is really good one.
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 3x SC, natural finish, RM Pickups RS6s
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 2x SC, 1x HB, transparent red finish
Boss FA-1, Fender PT-100 Tuner, Boss BluesDriver 2 clone - dual channel, Fulldrive 2 Mosfet clone, Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy, Electro-Harmonix Worm (the big one)
Custom made amp in hardwood cabinet and Fender Blackface and Marshall Jub type preamps. Jub power amp. Celestion G12 Century Next speaker.

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”