Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kentuckyron
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Tribute to Jim Marshall in July Guitar World Magazine

Postby Kentuckyron » 23 May 2012, 05:25

The latest print edition of Guitar World includes a multi-page tribute to Jim Marshall. The article focuses more on the development of the Marshall line than on the man himself. Honestly, readers of this forum will probably not learn a lot about the history of Marshall that they didn't know before, but the article does include some photographs from the Marshall factory in the 1970s. My favorite is a shot of Jim Marshall in bell bottoms standing in front of two plexi stacks.

The fold-out posters in Guitar World now appear to be sponsored, and one side of the poster is tribute to Jim Marshall and includes smallish photographs of him beside Slash, Lemmy, Yngwie, and other notable Marshall users.

I don't know how many of you actually read guitar magazines in print anymore, but you may want to check out this edition of Guitar World.
Main Guitars: Gibson Les Paul DC Pro, Gibson SG Standard, Fender Big Apple Strat, Fender Fat Strat Texas Special, Fender American Standard Strat, Fender American Standard Tele, Guild S-100.

Amps: Marshall JMD 50 (through mid-70s Ampeg 2X12), Marshall JTM 622, Marshall MG 15CDR

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Tribute to Jim Marshall in July Guitar World Magazine

Postby surfnorthwest » 23 May 2012, 10:13

It good Guitar World did the piece, after all Marshall is so much a part of "the guitar world". I am looking forward to the tribute Marshall does later this summer at the concert.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Roadhouse Announcements”