Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Ticketmaster Issues Vouchers to Free Concerts in Lawsuit Settlement

Postby surfnorthwest » 19 Jun 2016, 19:08

Three years after a class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster was settled, the corporate giants are finally paying up. Yesterday (June 18), they began issuing online vouchers for discounts and free shows to customers who bought tickets online between Oct. 21, 1999 and Feb. 27, 2013.

If you’re a Ticketmaster customer, go to your online account page and click “Active Vouchers.” That will allow you to see the full extent of your reward. Because the settlement was for $400 million and more than 50 million people signed on to the suit, the vouchers are worth only $2.25 each. As for the free tickets, naturally, there’s a catch. As their website explains, “these ‘free tickets’ are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be available for redemption if others have claimed them before you.” In addition, they are “redeemable for two tickets for General Admission seating at designated concert events at Live Nation owned or operated venues, subject to availability and limitations.”

In other words, they’ll tell you which shows you can see for free, and you may still get shut out if you’re not quick enough. Also, since the venues are controlled by the same company that is giving away the tickets, there’s still money to be made in the form of beverage sales. As of now, Ticketmaster hasn’t finished the list of which shows the vouchers will be good for, which we hope will be ready before the three-year expiration date.

[offtopic]To see if you were awarded any vouchers log into your Ticket master account here.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers
[/offtopic]
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Re: Ticketmaster Issues Vouchers to Free Concerts in Lawsuit Settlement

Postby Sully807 » 20 Jun 2016, 01:36

The thing that gets me about ticket master is they have sister companies that buy up all the available tickets and sell them at two-five times the price anyway, it's the thing that stopped me seeing SMKC 2 years back, a day after initial release ticket master were sold out and they linked you to aloud or live nation who were selling a £35 ticket for £90.,, it's an absolute joke
les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

Return to “Roadhouse Announcements”