Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Fats Domino Dead at 89

Postby surfnorthwest » 25 Oct 2017, 15:49

The man had a great ride, brought us timeless classics.

Fats Domino, whose rollicking rhythm and blues piano helped give birth to rock ‘n’ roll, has died in his lifelong home of New Orleans, the coroner said Wednesday. He was 89.

Domino, who had made few public appearances over the past decade, died Tuesday morning of natural causes, said Gerry Cvitanovich, Jefferson Parish Coroner.

“He was true to his new Orleans roots and he was a real legend,” he said.

Domino’s daughter earlier announced the death to a local television station, saying that the rock legend died peacefully around family.

Domino was a fixture in New Orleans, where he had soaked up the influences of the musical melting pot and, even after gaining fame, stayed in his old neighborhood where he would sometimes sleep outside in a hammock.

In his heyday he was considered a rival to Elvis Presley as the king of rock ‘n’ roll. But with a natural shyness, the self-effacing Domino faded in prominence by the mid-1960s as a crop of swaggering rock stars came to dominate pop culture.

https://youtu.be/xbfMlk1PwGU
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Re: Fats Domino Dead at 89

Postby gtrman » 26 Oct 2017, 00:09

It's good to see that some of the old rockers actually had a long life and died peacefully ... I hope more of our heroes can do the same.
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

Papus
Paid to Shit
Paid to Shit
Has Liked: 80 times
Been liked: 896 times

Re: Fats Domino Dead at 89

Postby Papus » 26 Oct 2017, 04:34

Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, Les Paul...... these pioneers of Rock N Roll put the tools in our hands and gave us a new musical language to speak.
How many artists can truly claim to have invented a new form?
I can’t think of many before or since..... except maybe Robert Johnson before, and Iommi, Page & Blackmore since
Dime that puppy!!!

Return to “Roadhouse Announcements”