Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Paul Gray, Slip Knot's Bass Player found dead

Postby surfnorthwest » 24 May 2010, 18:34

In Des Moines, Iowa, Paul Gray, Slip Knot Band's bassist was found dead Monday in an Iowa hotel room. Foul play is not suspected.

Reports are that a hotel employee found Paul Gray, 38, dead in a room at the TownePlace Suites located in Urbandale, Iowa. It is not known what the cause of death was.

Paul Gray played bass for the grammy winning band Slip Knot. Most of the band's members grew up in or near Des Moines, Iowa. Paul Gray was loved and well-liked by band members, friends and families. His death is a big blow to heavy metal music. Everyone who knew Paul said he was a really nice guy.

Paul was known for his grotesque masks, aggressive, dark lyrics, and harsh sound.

Slipknot sold 2 million copies of its debut release named "Slipknot." In 2003, Paul Gray was in an accident with his Porsche at which time, he admitted to doing drugs. He was arrested with marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

A local radio station which plays hardrock in Des Moines plans to play an all night tribute to the memory of Paul Gray.

An autopsy is planned for Tuesday.
[youtube][/youtube]
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Paul Gray, Slip Knot's Bass Player found dead

Postby slowpokerhino » 24 May 2010, 18:50

That really sucks! There aren't too many metal bands I like anymore, but Slipknot is great. I have a couple of their CDs in my Jeep and there's nothing better than cranking the Knot on the way home from a bad day at work. They're one of the few "gimmick" bands that actually has the talent and musicianship to keep me interested.
Thanks for the vid Surf. I've never seen Paul without his mask. It was interesting to see him jamming with Roy (from Stone Sour) who is a kickass drummer.

RIP Paul.

Return to “Roadhouse Announcements”