I have an announcment to everyone regardling my behavior.

Roadhouse News and other Announcements

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Papus
Paid to Shit
Paid to Shit
Has Liked: 80 times
Been liked: 896 times

Re: I have an announcment to everyone regardling my behavior

Postby Papus » 30 Mar 2011, 19:43

Ever notice how there's a huge dichotomy between the practitioners of certain disciplines and the fans of said disciplines?
Allow me to elaborate:

The drivers, mechanics, managers, sponsors, marketers and owners of high-performance motor sports teams (F1, Le Mans, Indycar, NASCAR, etc) are generally extremely intelligent, well-educated, well-financed, well-mannered, philanthropic community-minded individuals whom you would be honoured to introduce to your grandmother.
.... then there's the actual fans of the sport... (need I go on?)

Same goes for guitar people in general and especially hard rock/metal people....
The players and bands are of one breed, the fans are of a completely different ilk.

I cite this thread as a fine upstanding example of the comraderie and kind-hearted nature of the general guitarded people of the world - if only the fans of our music were the same....
Dime that puppy!!!

dos
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Postby dos » 31 Mar 2011, 07:02

I think there is a great life lesson in here.

If you try to be strong and deal with everything yourself, you may end up looking weak and lose your friends and relationships.

If you dare to be weak, share your life and troubles, you end up looking strong and you can get symphathy and support from anyone.

Our ego-defence sometimes is our biggest enemy even though it is "designed" to help and protect us.

You asked for (actually demaned) respect a few weeks back - though in a much more adverse position - now you have it.

Thanks for sharing Josh and good luck!

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 182 times
Been liked: 98 times

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 31 Mar 2011, 12:43

surfnorthwest wrote:Nice looking young man, heck I might be able to send some young females your way. :scared2
:Thumbs awesome :) and thanks! :jam
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
Marshall 2466 100watt Vintage Modern w/ Matching 425A cab
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Guitars: 6 Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Pickups.

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Slash1337 » 07 Apr 2011, 00:35

Hey man, seems I've missed alittle the past 2 weeks I've been gone.

I know we've never had beef. I mean we both have slash in our name :P. But that took guts what you just did and my respect for you just went up a ton.

P.S. That offer about buying us a round. Umm I'll PM you my address and you can send me a beer through fed-ex. Thanks bro :P
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Epiphone Elitist LP Custom
Marshall 1960TV w/ G12H Greenbacks
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

http://www.facebook.com/Deadrivalsofficial

Rockerduck
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby Rockerduck » 21 Apr 2011, 17:57

You are blessed. I put up with a crazy wife for 20 yrs. Finally left, gave her everything to divorce me. With just the clothes on my back, I am much better off now with caring good woman. My money increased and I have a good home. Hang in there. Forgiveness is important, don't forget, just forgive and move on.

okgb
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 1 time

Postby okgb » 06 May 2011, 20:57

So , it's o.k. to buy a JVM ?

One will never get to the point where
everythng will [ always ] be o.k.
not expecting that is a start
you have awarness which , means you are on your way
Pick any positive maxim , adage or saying
carry it with you until it seems to not work anymore or
you get bored ..............then pick another
The difference is not what happens to people ,
but how they handle it
Best wishes

sugarkane
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby sugarkane » 26 May 2011, 16:42

SW1 - I'm sorry I have not responded sooner. I don't view this area of the forum very often and I've been offline anyway with a broken hand meaning I couldn't type.

Man ... I don't know what to say. I could sense between the lines that something was up recently for you.

Take strength that your priorities - the real family stuff, not our on-line lives - are in place because your first concern is for your niece. She and her parents will feel that strength from you in the times ahead.

All the real good guys I know got that way because of what they learnt from their tough times. I think life tests hard those who can stand it and gives an easy ride to those who can't grow and learn quite so much. I'm glad that better times are happening now. There will be more ahead.

Hey ... and always find the time to Rock Out brother. Hell, yes. Isn't that some of the best therapy out there?

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 06 Jun 2011, 22:00

Hi Josh,

We are all human and have our ups and downs.
When my father died two years back i was hurt real bad and the
support i got from everybody on this forum helped me a lot. And
i was a little edgy and sarcastic myself too on the forum and to
the person it concerned ... he helped me the most :Thumbs
This forum is really special and i am proud to be a little part of it.
Reading from what you experienced you made the right choice .
God bless
Bluesbrother.
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 17 Jun 2011, 12:52

It amazes me the support you all have given me, honestly if it had not been for this forum and everyone on it I may have lost my mind & lost track of my true passion in life: music. And without music I really am nothing or at least most of the person I am, and I want to thank all of you who had a role in helping me out. Right after she would degrade me I would go on the forum to cool off & talk shop and sometimes being degraded by her really left me in the dumps & mad and I probably took some of that out on people unfairly and I appologise again for that.

I'm proud to report I'm making smarter women decisions lately and throwing the gold diggers & crazies to the curb before its too late, and waiting for the right one to notice me. I'm also proud to report that my band "Wrecklezz Dezire" is playing its first show as a full real band Friday June 24th! Something I didn't think would happen after my closet drug taking ex left the band & called me useless. We're an all male band in our 20s without drama and totally about Rock & Roll without sacrificing the Rock out of our sound like the ex wanted us to do. We all have the same musical interests & heroes so we should be content in this for a while and I'm really proud to finally get out and gig the VM as it was meant.
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 19 Jun 2011, 13:12

Hi SW1,

Only saw this thread now. dont really spend much time in this section.
Wow...closet heroin addict! thats a tough one there man...I dont think you could of done anything differently in how you treated her to change the outcome. I can only imagine how that that mustv felt!
Slashwannabe1 wrote:I would like to personally say sorry to CrossroadsNYC,Bailz,Dean & whoever else I may have insulted on a personal level.

Sincerely, Josh.
Appreciate this dude. :beerme

Hope it all works out dude and its good to hear ya'v moved on! :jam
Best of luck.
Regards,
Dean
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 20 Jun 2011, 02:32

DeanM wrote:Hi SW1,

Only saw this thread now. dont really spend much time in this section.
Wow...closet heroin addict! thats a tough one there man...I dont think you could of done anything differently in how you treated her to change the outcome. I can only imagine how that that mustv felt!
Slashwannabe1 wrote:I would like to personally say sorry to CrossroadsNYC,Bailz,Dean & whoever else I may have insulted on a personal level.

Sincerely, Josh.
Appreciate this dude. :beerme

Hope it all works out dude and its good to hear ya'v moved on! :jam
Best of luck.
Regards,
Dean
Thanks Dean means a lot man!

Yeah I've never done drugs or really ever knew a whole lot about them or their effects other than you can O.D and die on certain ones, I always wanted to be as far away from that image & behavior as possible, so needless to say my crash course in learning about drugs came when I read Slash's autobiography and some of the behavior matched my ex and finally then her sister confirmed it. Needless to say I was completely blind sided when I found all of this out and thought back and connected the dots and sure enough all the behavior fit.
1966 Fender Bandmaster

Return to “Roadhouse Announcements”