Moderator: longfxukxnhair

StephenRutledge
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

VM & friends :)

Postby StephenRutledge » 24 Sep 2008, 19:19

Hi guys... newbie here... I've linked some pics of my new toy and other gadgets I've collected over the years.
I'm loving the tones from the VM - what a great amp - makes me want to get back into a band and start gigging again.
I've played guitar for about 26 years... was gigging in various bands and some studio work over the years... now I'm married with 2 young daughters and pay the bills as a graphic designer... sheesh... so much for being a millionaire rock star lol!
A big thankyou to Steve Dawson for helping solve a minor issue I had with the VM and for his prompt response... legend!
Top forum guys - I've enjoyed the read - the information is great.
caio Steve R

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?p ... 1050433857
http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?p ... 1050433857

A short clip of me shredding with my Tom Anderson guitar... through another amp... looking forward to posting a VM clip :)

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 25 Sep 2008, 00:39

Hi Stephen and welcome. :)

Been practicing huh! :) :wink:

I'm glad you're getting on well with the new amp and looking forward to your participation in this great forum.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 25 Sep 2008, 16:28

Welcome Stephen.

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 26 Sep 2008, 20:32

welcome. I so remember drooling over those SRD distortion generators way back, hows it sound with the VM ?
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

StephenRutledge
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby StephenRutledge » 27 Sep 2008, 00:53

I haven't tried the SRD through the VM yet... interesting idea.. to be honest that unit has been sitting in a drawer for ages.
Once upon a time I had a Mrk IV Mesa Boogie and a 2x12 Boogie cab with EV's... I ran the head clean with the SRD in front for lead tones and a Korg A3 in the effects loop... I was mainly playing guitar for funk dance type acts and ran clean mostly... no dirty rhythm was required.

I've not got the VM above studio recording level yet... but so far I've been using a couple of pedals in front to get some nice lead tones and big crunching chords. An 86' Boss SD-1, a mark II Rat - early 90's and an MI Audio Crunch Box (the MI is an awesome pedal): http://www.mieffects.com/cbinbrief.htm

The most fun I've been having lately is running my strat in direct on low dynamic range (I never thought a Marshall could have such an awesome clean tone!) with mid boost on, body and detail about 1 o'clock, all tone pots at 12 o'clock... a big, warm, sweet, clean sound - yet gritty when belting out power chords.

This amp makes me want to play all the time :)

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 27 Sep 2008, 06:29

DUDE! Stephen man. You can play! 8)
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Return to “Roadhouse Photo Gallery”