Moderator: longfxukxnhair

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: NOS RFT Tubes

Postby DeanM » 26 May 2009, 10:26

yeah id say thats really cool to get feedback on the build while yer waitin!! iv listened to other amp builds from other sites and stuff and his amps have impressed me the most!! i dont know why that is its just when i heard them i was blown away! iv never owned a tube amp and have been waitin till i finish college to save up for one and its been the VM iv wanted for a long time and when i heard his amps i nearly changed my mind!! but the VM will be my first tube amp! but was very close to changin my mind!

those guys, granger and the metroamp guys know so much! im only learnin but man there's alot to learn! right now im in the process of planning out a DIY tube amp. wont be a 100 watt plexi build or anytin tho!! its a 1 watt amp and uses a 12au7 as the output tube. its a design i found on the web. it uses each of the two triodes within in a push-pull setup and gives nearly a watt of power. i wanna use two 12au7 to give more power. so think of 2266 has 2 kt66's and 2466 has 4. i wanna do somethin similar and use 4 triodes instead of two! im currently tryin to research the best way to connect them up so then i can work out the output impedence and then work out how to wire the OT. i have some ideas but i wanna be sure!! tis interesting stuff!! even if it is only a watt or two!! i'l prob end up posting in the work bench section for some help!!
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Return to “Roadhouse Valve Tester”