Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Julesman64
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

New Tube Day!!

Postby Julesman64 » 18 May 2010, 15:27

Finally broke down and replaced the stock Marshall power tubes in my 2266 today. :dance I swapped them out on kind of a whim, I was just thinking to myself, "Ya know, this thing used to sound better." I ran through all the factors in my head, recent preamp tube changes, when was the last time I changed strings, etc. New tubes made a world of difference. I even picked up my one guitar that I hardly ever play and wailed away for 2 hours. This is the first replacement set my 2266 has seen since I bought it brand new in '07. Must have been time I guess. I'll keep the old ones for spares. Valve Art all the way!! I have been curious about other brands, but why change what I already love??? :beerme
2266 Vintage Modern 50w Head, '83 JCM 800 2204 (Canadian Model), Mesa Boogie Studio .22+
425A Half Slant Cab, 1960 Lead w G12T-75's, Orange 2x12 w Vin 30's, '08 Boogie Dual Rectifier 100W,
'03 Gibson SG Standard, '05 Gibson Faded Flying V, '08 Partscaster Strat, '78 Les Paul Custom
MXR 10 Band EQ, MXR Comp, Fulltone OCD, Damage Control Glass Nexxus
Larrivee D-03

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: New Tube Day!!

Postby surfnorthwest » 18 May 2010, 18:14

Valve Arts rock.... and if it ain't broke don't change it. I don't buy into the hours thing with tubes, they can blow new or last a long time. I just change my power valves every year in my amps because unless something dramtic happened I really cannot tell when they start going bad. New tubes every year just gives me peace of mind I am getting the most out of my amps.

Glad you like the Valve Arts.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Roadhouse Valve Tester”