Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

PM-12AX7HG (High Gain) Preamp tube

Postby surfnorthwest » 01 Jan 2011, 20:01

Apparently these new tubes are suppose to be pretty good, some say as good as the old NOS tubes. Well it just so happens this company will be at NAMM so Faze and I will get a chance to talk to the man and see if they are all hype or what. They are made in China so I am going to assume it is from the same factory the rest of the Chinese tubes come from.

Here is some information
The PM 12AX7HG (HIGH GAIN) preamp tube will replace the same tube as the 12AX7A but is the choice if your amp needs a little extra punch. This tube deliver up to 20% increased gain.
PM preamp tubes are built to the highest possible standard and have extra screening to eliminate microphony (squeal) and excessive white noise.

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 27 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: PM-12AX7HG (High Gain) Preamp tube

Postby TonyC » 02 Jan 2011, 06:34

Interesting. Us Strat guys with low output pups could benefit from a little extra gain. Will follow this!

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 02 Jan 2011, 08:04

The extra screening is what has my attention. I have read some information that I just cannot verify so I will check out the comany at NAMM. If what I am reading is true then we have a pretty well made hot AX7 with excellent build quality availible for a nice price.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 27 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby TonyC » 02 Jan 2011, 08:28

Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up Surf!

MartyStrat54
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Postby MartyStrat54 » 23 Sep 2011, 13:18

Any more info on this tube? Did you get a chance to hear them? Right now, there are three tube manufacturers in China. Shuguang is the biggest, but there is an elite plant that makes the Northern Electric and Preferred Series tubes for the Tube Store (Canada). Also a spin-off of Shuguang is the plant that makes the Treasure line of audio tubes.

TAD's are designed in Germany, but made in China. I think their 6L6GC is one of the best.

There are several Chinese tubes that are simply the best of what is available. Pretty soon, all Chinese tubes will be the best, unless New Sensor kicks it up a couple of notches.

Lot's of great Marshall's and a few good guitars.

Return to “Roadhouse Valve Tester”