Sullys safari inn cover (slash ft mkc)

Upload or Link your Songs here. Create your own Forum (PM Admin for your own Subforum)

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Sullys safari inn cover (slash ft mkc)

Postby Sully807 » 16 May 2015, 12:58

My cover of slash ft Myles Kennedy and the conspirators' safari inn from the world on fire album. I saw the jam of this at NAMM when slash received the les paul award and it inspired me, it's pretty much all improvised.

This is my epiphone LP custom loaded with seymour duncan aph2s, with mxr custom badass OD, cry baby and TC flashback delay into my marshall vintage modern, mic is just the iPhones standard one so audio quality isn't best. Let me know what you think.
les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Sullys safari inn cover (slash ft mkc)

Postby surfnorthwest » 17 May 2015, 05:24

Your phasing is getting better. The Vintage Modern sounds really good too.

Hey what up with the beard?? You ready for your first Harley Davidson or what.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Re: Sullys safari inn cover (slash ft mkc)

Postby Sully807 » 17 May 2015, 12:09

Thanks surf, this isn't my best playing by any means, but had fun on it, had 1 play through to get a feel for it, that's why the first section I couldn't really find the right groove/key, I'm also going to start doing all my practicing standing, and to play every day, I haven't been getting enough play time in at all.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma with my rig and the vm at the mo but I'll put up a seperate thread on that at some point.

On the beard I've never been a fan of clean shaving, used to keep it at stubble but decided to just grow it, had many compliments on it so it's stayed haha,

I wish I could afford a harley, but uk prices are high and they don't really have the build quality for uk weather, when I do eventually have enough to have a bike I'd want one that can be ridden year round without hundreds of hours cleaning every week, not that I'd do a huge amount of winter riding and I do love Harley's a lot, always had a dream to own one, but I'm a bigger fan of triumphs stuff now for overall quality.. One day I want to do a harley ride in the US, maybe route 1
les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

Return to “Roadhouse Song Showcase and Members Tracks”