Finished Wedding song for daughter

Upload or Link your Songs here. Create your own Forum (PM Admin for your own Subforum)

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Finished Wedding song for daughter

Postby surfnorthwest » 19 Oct 2008, 16:32

As some of might remember my daughter won a dream wedding a few weeks ago and will be getting married next year. She asked if I could write a song for her day and I just got it done. I was going to sing om it but when I started I sounded like a pig with its balls in a vice. So since I can tell her I love her the song needs no words, the music is from the heart.

I will playit for the first dance, let me know what you guys think.

Savannah's Wedding.mp3

Guitars - Carvin Ultra VC, Goding LGx-SA
Bass - Carin ICON 5
Amp - Marshall Vintage Modern
Drums - Yamaha
Sax-Roland
Keys - Roland - Korg
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

spooky joe
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby spooky joe » 20 Oct 2008, 14:18

Lovely vibe and tones man. Shame there a no words. Do you have lyrics for the song?
I know how you feel tho' , really wish I could hold a tune.
Cheers
No One Came for miles around and said man your music is really funky

VM2266
JTM45
3203 Artist
JTM60
DSL50
5005 Lead 12
MC412A
JTM410C
www.reverbnation.com/spookyjoerock

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby teddy07x » 21 Oct 2008, 01:10

really good tune. :)
I wouldn't say soon is the word. Axl Rose

"When asked about his son’s failures, the elder Bush said, “You can go back to your, what do you call it, your Google, and you figure out all that." G.H.W Bush

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 21 Oct 2008, 15:17

I really like it Surf. The drums bother me though. Don't seem to fit. A different kit maybe?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 21 Oct 2008, 18:44

The drums bother me though. Don't seem to fit. A different kit maybe?
Is it the rythem or the sound of the drums, rythem I can't do much with this late in the game although I can add some rolls, one hits, and crashes. The tone of the drums I can shape with some VSTs I have, What do you think?
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 22 Oct 2008, 16:46

I'd say it's the "style" of the drums. Can you change it to a "jazz" or "acoustic" kit? Pushing it a little further back in the mix may do the trick. Sorry, I do tend to over analize these things.

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 05 Nov 2008, 09:01

I like the drums though.But since there is no voice i would use a les paul with a very strong
lead sound to replace it (ala carlos santana would fit this song nicely) I think the guitar sound is
to thin and low in volume (compared to the rest of the song).Before 2.00 min it is kinda dull after
2.00 with keyboards and saxaphone(?) it sounds so much better.
Very nice song but like i said i would use a strong lead sound to replace a voice , now it sounds so
dreamy mellow which is nice but on a wedding a strong lead sound would spice things up and bring more happy
emotion to the public.
My little girl is only 5 years old .I also do not sing too great( on my wedding a few months back they asked me to sing angel from robbie williams unprepared :? , ....that gave me some sweat )but she is a natural talent ( not just because she is
my daughter)But she is ashamed to sing in public but it sounds like michael jackson when he was 7.Really scary to hear
a 5 year old sing with so much emotion.I do not encourage her in any way but hopes she will use this gift well.
If she ever gets married ( luckily for me that is far away) i would be honoured if she asked me to play!!
HAVE A NICE WEDDING DAY,SURF.
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

Return to “Roadhouse Song Showcase and Members Tracks”