My band on myspace. CD out now

Upload or Link your Songs here. Create your own Forum (PM Admin for your own Subforum)

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

MonkeyBoy
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

My band on myspace. CD out now

Postby MonkeyBoy » 08 Jan 2009, 11:00

This was recorded locally here in Central Pa. The lead player used a JCM2000, and a re-issue plexi with a LP standard and a Hamer USA Jr. I did the rhythm with a THD Uni-Valve and an Orange 2x12 cab using my Hamer USA Jr, and my '57 Gibson ES175. I wish I had my VM before going into the studio! It will definitely be on the next album we do. Lately I've been playing with a Sovtek Mig 50 with a master volume mod through a 1980's Marshall 4x10 cab. Lemme know what you think!

www.myspace.com/themachetespa
Central PA based punk influenced RnR www.myspace.com/themachetespa

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 09 Jan 2009, 05:53

Listened to four of your tracks, not bad at all. I will tell you that a couple of the songs really have a Blue Oyster Cult vibe to them, the singer sounds much like Buck D. All the songs were very listenbable and besides the BOC vibe I also hear some early Ramones influences, all good things to me.

The only thing I would offer is your songs could really benefit from some good mastering. Keep on rocking I think you guys have a successful set of original tunes that should go over well on stage.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

MonkeyBoy
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Thanks

Postby MonkeyBoy » 09 Jan 2009, 09:16

Thanks a lot for the compliments! We are all obviously big Ramones fans, I didnt realized it showed so much in the music but thats ok with me. Never got the BOC comparison before but thats actually pretty cool. I grew up listening to a lot of their stuff so I definitely take that as a compliment. I completely agree with the mastering issue, but on a budget of $1000 dollars for the project I would say it turned out pretty good. Now that we have some cd's to sell, and some t-shirts and other merch the next recordings budget should be a little bit more.
Central PA based punk influenced RnR www.myspace.com/themachetespa

Return to “Roadhouse Song Showcase and Members Tracks”