get a 15% refund on all Ebay buy it now purchases!!!!

Discussion of other Instruments

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 18 times
Been liked: 176 times

get a 15% refund on all Ebay buy it now purchases!!!!

Postby Dave W » 05 Dec 2008, 07:40

I wasgoing to post this in the announcements section but was concerned that was for VM stuff and more serious stuff. Any ways for those who are unaware. Microsoft has this thing called live search I think its their form of google, a search engine. Months back they were offering certain percentages of purchases in cash back if you opened a live search account etc. No fees no commitments. I was able to make 3 purchases and saved 20% on each.you have to locate the item through their search page and pay through Paypal and they wait 60 days to make shure yopu do not return the item and then they send the cash back to your paypal account. I thought it was through then saw an item on ebay that said save 15% etc. I searched it out and ebay is allowing people with current livesearch cashback acccounts and those who start a new one to make 123 separate buy it now purchases and get 15% back on each one. Just look up live search cash back or ww.live.com and you will find some info. Basically when you are there, type in their search box the item you are looking for and you will seach the search results and there will be stores, buy usually ebay is the first search result. Hit it it and it will be just like your on Ebay. You can hit the detials box on ebay and get all thje details and fine print, it will make sense. You then find the gear you want and hit the buy it now. It will show you tyhe savings you are eligible for and then you can confirm your purchase after that. The details section will show you how to set up your account etc. In 60 days its like someone says hey," How you liking the amp you bought? Well, here is 15% back in cash now you should like it even more!". Its a little confusing and you have to read all the details, but it works. I am not an expert at it and do it at your own risk, but its a national thing by microsoft, its not a scam. What blows is that I made a purchase awhile back an probably could of use this thing again! Anyways check it out. I just wanted it to be posted the people on this forum had an opportunity to save some cash and maybe get somethingthey had been wanting. That $1000 used amp or that $1000 new guitar just dropped by 15% to $850. If I am undrstaning correctly, microsoft wants you to use their search thing first so they are trying to get noticed and direct things away from their competition by in esence paying you to use them first with the hopes that you will make it a habit. These are tough times in our economy and I hope this helps some fellow gear junkies out there.

Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 18 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby Dave W » 05 Dec 2008, 07:59

I tried to follow the direction to search this up that I posted so I do not make any one chase their tails and here is what I found. if you just go and type in Live Search cashback you will come up with option like Amarican Musical Supply, Guitar Center, etc. Your savings with those will be 5-8% which is still cool. If under your search you just type Live Search the 1st one that comes up will be www.live.com. Hit that one and type the item you are looking for in the search box and you willsee that Ebay comes up as the 1st choice. Hit the ebay one and you will se onthe top center of the ebay page a green wrapped gift box that says Microsoft cashback 15%. Hit the details conditions icon and your good to. If one of the moderators feels this can go under the announcements section so more people will see it just say so and I will type a quick post to refer to here, I just did not know what sort of stuffwas supposed to go under that section. I hope this helps make it easier.

MKB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Postby MKB » 05 Dec 2008, 08:00

In addition to this, if you have an active ebay and PayPal account, PayPal has been randomly issuing 15% to 20% off coupons (max discount $200 per coupon) good for any PayPal purchases; these will show up when you are signed in to ebay and the screen will say "You have coupons available" at the top. When you make a purchase with PayPal, you enter the coupon code when you pay for the purchase, and PayPal immediately subtracts the discount from the amount you are charged for the item. The seller doesn't even see the discount as they are paid the full amount. I used two of the coupons recently and they really work. So if your account says you have coupons available, it's time to buy something!!

Return to “Other Instruments”