Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

The Hum X Exterminator

Postby surfnorthwest » 28 Dec 2008, 08:51

When I buy a product that works as advertized I like to recommend it. This little plug from Ebtech does work. While all my amps are pretty quiete my new Plexi was not, due to the huge transformers that beast had a pretty good hum going on. Plugged this little device into my Monster power supply and then the amp into it and it eliminated I would say about 85% of the hum that was going on. It now is as quiete as can be expected.

Bottom line is if you have a noisy amp due to the ground loop, interference, or just huge trannies this is a great little product that does work

The Hum X Exterminator removes unwanted voltage and current in the ground line that cause ground loop hum. This noise reduction adapter simultaneously maintains a solid, safe ground. You no longer have to run your audio signal through filtering that results in loss of volume, tone, or both. Some devices simply remove or float the ground, which is never safe! Hum X removes the ground loop while leaving the ground and your signal intact. Easy to use and completely effective!

It's the safest way to get rid of ground loop hum.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Other Instruments”