Moderator: longfxukxnhair

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Weighted Keyboard

Postby kissfanps » 16 Jan 2010, 07:13

I am looking for a full size keyboard with weighted keys. I want to spend 500 or less. The only thing I really care about is a good piano sound. i don't need a fancy keyboard that massages my balls while I am playing (although that wouldn't be terrible :dance ). Any suggestions?
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Weighted Keyboard

Postby surfnorthwest » 05 Feb 2010, 19:57

No such thing as a "good weighted keyboard" for $500, just ain't going to happen man. Any keyboard that is going to have good weighted keys is usually a 88-key and going to be a bit more that $500, rare to find a 61 key or 77 key weighted.

And yes you need a good board that will scratch your balls...why. Because once you start getting into playing it you will find it more fun than the guitar and as challanging. My recomendation is to find a used Korg TR-88. That will give great weighted keys for the money and some real sounding piano voices and pads. You need to make a trip to GC and try out some boards. I have the TR-88 and love it! It is a hell of a bargin, should be able to find one for about $900 used.

Save your money and get a good board, it will last you for years and you will have a blast with it.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Other Instruments”