New V Drums in the house

Discussion of other Instruments

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

New V Drums in the house

Postby Kongels » 07 Jul 2011, 16:46

Picked up a new Roland TD9KX2 kit this week with the holiday sales. Always been a noodler on the drums and wanted to pick up a kit for the house. Man oh man, so much fun but I am feeling it, arms and legs are tired, lol, getting old. Any other wannabe drummers in the house? Just thought I would throw it out to see anyones interest, or not, lol...

I will say the actual high hat hardware and the mesh head kick make these new V Drums just about like a real kit.

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: New V Drums in the house

Postby JkGriffin » 07 Jul 2011, 17:17

Well congrats...

I sure wish I had a similar set myself... one day perhaps...
It would be good to be able to lay down the drums on my recordings with a set like that.

I'm guessing it wouldn't be instantly good as my drummer skills is limited to Paradice City (Guns N' Roses) intro... but hell yeah... it would be fun to learn.
I suppose I'll settle for something a bit less than that when I do my investment though. I can use Superior Drummer 2.0 for the sounds, so no point in paying for the samples... My only requirement is that it actually is sensitive to where on the pads you hit and how hard... the cheapest don't.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 07 Jul 2011, 17:26

Yep I hear ya, drums are fun. The Roland stuff is about the best as far as its triggers and sounds. I had a fancy Yamaha set a few years back that I was using to do drums on my recordings, pretty big set but I don't think they are as good as the Rolands you have. Anyways when I figured out how to use loop files it was much easier and sounded better so I sold it. Today I use a Yamaha DD65 and connect it via midi to the drum kits on my Roland X6 Fantom so I can do fills where needed in my recordings.

Have fun with it, they are very expandable $$$.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 07 Jul 2011, 18:38

So much fun. Enjoy!
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 07 Jul 2011, 19:05

Man oh man, always loved listening to drummers but trying to play along with a 20 minute version of In My Time of Dying and I start to worry it might be mine. I play guitar regularly for 4-5 hours but an hour of drums uses the legs a bit more!!!

Return to “Other Instruments”