Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Slate Digital VMS ML-2 Small-Diaphragm Modeling Microphone

Postby surfnorthwest » 14 Sep 2018, 21:10

I got a full demo of this mic at NAMM, I was very impressed no matter the cost.

Basically this Condenser mic can take high SPL of a cranked amp and you use the included software to model and fine tune the sound. The software looks and works great from what I was shown. The reviews since their release are all very positive. For a $149 I just don't see another mic in this range that will do your amp justice. It does require 48v phantom power.

I am about to order one so will report back.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... microphone

The ML-2 is a perfect match for Slate's Virtual Microphone System. Whether you use it with Slate's VRS8 audio interface or your own clean-sounding preamp, it delivers a coloration-free signal. And when you combine it with the included VMS microphone/preamp modeling software, it gives you a staggering selection of microphone models ranging from dynamics, cardioid models of classic ribbons, famous small-diaphragm mics, and even large-diaphragm mics. Slate's Virtual Preamp Collection includes the FG-73, modeled after a legendary British discrete solid-state console preamp; and the FG76, modeled after a classic vintage tube pre.

Included Microphone Models:

S-47F
S-67
S-7
S-E20
S-57 Vintage
S-Custom Snare
S-57 Modern
S-112
S-421
S-Custom Tom
S-414 Normal
S-414 Dynamic
S-12
S-Custom Kick
S-121 Normal
S-121 Dynamic
S-222
S-451

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nYZENVxtsI
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Recording Tips and Technique”