Moderator: longfxukxnhair

HappyBlues
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Guitar Rig 4

Postby HappyBlues » 12 Oct 2010, 01:27

I have tried Guitar Rig 4 and I like it very very much. I compared it directly to Amplitube 3, side by side. Same track these two boys.

Have to say I was favoring Amplitube 3 for long, but since I've tried Guitar Rig 4 I am so pleased with it I am going to use it on my new recording. I love it. It sounds like an amp. Just like surf said. Amplitube was just too hifi sounding.

Surf, you know what you're doing right? :Thumbs Have to say, you have good ears.
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 3x SC, natural finish, RM Pickups RS6s
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 2x SC, 1x HB, transparent red finish
Boss FA-1, Fender PT-100 Tuner, Boss BluesDriver 2 clone - dual channel, Fulldrive 2 Mosfet clone, Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy, Electro-Harmonix Worm (the big one)
Custom made amp in hardwood cabinet and Fender Blackface and Marshall Jub type preamps. Jub power amp. Celestion G12 Century Next speaker.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Guitar Rig 4

Postby surfnorthwest » 12 Oct 2010, 06:50

The strength of GTR4 is the tweaking you can do to get anything you want. I rarly use it unless I need a Fender tone because I like my amps, but if I had no amp you could definitly get away with just using it. The effects are very powerful and sounds great along with the many preset options on them. So many options and in a studio it is a great tool.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Recording Tips and Technique”