Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Ex-Mesa
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

saw Zappa Plays Zappa

Postby Ex-Mesa » 14 Dec 2010, 20:47

Incredible!!!! Small venue. Everyone singing along, well humming anyway. Great sound. More clarity than even the CD's, so easy to grasp all the wild phrasings and movements. Dweezil played like a wizard. Unique shed style that cops Frank's quirky style, only cleaner. Off the wall orchestrations. Not a mundane lick in the show.
With great distortion comes great responsibility.
VM2466, 425b, Fender Showmaster Strat, Ultra Fuzz, RC Boost, VibraTrem, VP Jr, Hardwire Delay, 535Q, Pigtronix Envelope Phaser
Other Stuff: Mesa Lonestar, Peavey JSX, VHT Sig:X, 1936V30, 70 LP Deluxe, 72 LP 3 pup Artisan, Am Dlx Strat, Voodoo Strat, EVH Wolfgang, Schecter Loomis 7 string, Ibanez JP-20, First Act Delia 540, Godin SD 24, OCD, Rat, Analogman OD9, Adrenalinn, Tone Press, Guvnor, 70's fuzz

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Re: saw Zappa Plays Zappa

Postby gtrman » 15 Dec 2010, 00:19

I saw him just a few weeks ago myself. Excellent show ... he changes his gear & tone for every tour trying to get as close to the old FZ guitar sound as possible.
I believe he uses a lot of AxeFx now in addition to lots of various effects.
Fun to see him play with his dad over the videoscreen. FZ had a bunch of Marshalls behind him ....

The day before in the same venue Jeff Beck was playing so all in all a good music week ....
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: saw Zappa Plays Zappa

Postby surfnorthwest » 15 Dec 2010, 07:59

Never understood Zappas music, but I have seen Dweezil play live before and he is a excellent player.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Roadhouse Concerts Info and CD Reviews”