New 2266h

Solutions, Advice, Mods, and Troubleshooting.

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

freakinawesome
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

New 2266h

Postby freakinawesome » 18 Feb 2010, 12:49

Hi everyone, just joined the forum with my new 2266H today!
I got it off ebay and can't believe how great it sounds.This is the amp I've been looking for in years.Although it would be great to have a clean channel I can work around it with clean boosts etc. and I'd rather have tone over fucntion.

I do have a question for the in-the-know people here,is the designer of the amp on here?If so you have created such a beautiful amp,I'll be getting another one at least in the next few months (as a backup) and one to hide away in case Marshall stop making them lol

Anyway onto the question....
On ebay the fella said he had new valves put in last month by an independant amp tech,so I thought "great I'll have some of that".

Now when I looked in the back they were Marshall stock valves from 2007 (incidently the same month when the amp was made).Coincidence or is he trying to rip me off?The labels say
Grade : 48
Batch No : 11/07

Amp serial : 2007-44-XXXXXX
Would do ya think?
How much in £ is a revalve and biasing on average?
Thanks

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: New 2266h

Postby surfnorthwest » 18 Feb 2010, 13:11

Welcome to the VM forum and congrats on the new amp, lots of goods guys around here to help you out.

Yes the man who designed the Vintage Modern does frequent this site when possible, all of us here appreciate it. He goes by the name SteveD.

Really cannot confirm or deny if your valves have been replaced, you can order new KT66 tubes from Marshall and it is hard to say what tubes they have in stock and how they are marked. Personally I have nothing against buying a amp off of eBay but one thing for sure I would do is have a amp tech go through the amp and check it out and for sure bias it. Your tech will be able to tell you if your tubes are getting to the end of life or not.

I don't know what it costs in euros to buy tubes or bias up your amp in the UK, others can chime in. Here in the US you can easily buy two new KT66 tubes and have the amp biased fir under $100.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Roadhouse Repair Shop”