Woohooo! VM Fixed!

Solutions, Advice, Mods, and Troubleshooting.

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

thehubinator
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Woohooo! VM Fixed!

Postby thehubinator » 25 Jul 2008, 09:51

Going to pick my 2266 head back up today! Gonna crank her to 11 and play star spangled banner Hendrix style when I get home! Faulty effects loop FET was the culprit, as I beleive Steve surmised. Hopefully it doesn't wind up sounding like a "Jimi shreds" youtube vid due to not having played in its 3 week absence! :lol:
"My 2x12 is covered with elephant foreskin- if you rub it it turns into a full stack!"

Deputy Dawg
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Questions re this problem....

Postby Deputy Dawg » 18 Jan 2009, 13:17

Hi,

I am having the same issue... but, sadly, replacing a couple of the FETs on the FX loop board only fixed the problem temporarily. I got my amp back (after a month in the shop), played it for 2 hours and then "bam" no or little output when using the effects loop. Has yours kept on working okay?

Did they just change out the FETs or the entire FX loop PC board?

Any help or ideas would really be appreciated...

Deputy Dawg :cry:
Tone is a subjective thing, and a subject I love talking about...

thehubinator
<25
<25

Postby thehubinator » 18 Jan 2009, 15:28

The whole board was replaced and it fixed my issues. This is an old post. I have since sold the VM as a new project I'm working on requires heavy tones and I just wasn't satisfied with this amp for this genre. It is however the best production amp made for classic rock and blues. I miss this amp alot and hope to have another one day when the funds allow for 2 heads. I now use a Peavey 6505+ Which is more versatile than I would have figured, with the clean being its weakest link, although it isn't bad with a strat with single coils, but can't touch the glassiness of the VM. I also discovered that the VM sounded best to my ears with the factory 425a speakers.
"My 2x12 is covered with elephant foreskin- if you rub it it turns into a full stack!"

Return to “Roadhouse Repair Shop”