JVM 410H footswitch noise problem

Solutions, Advice, Mods, and Troubleshooting.

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Marshall Fiend
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 95 times
Been liked: 131 times

JVM 410H footswitch noise problem

Postby Marshall Fiend » 05 Nov 2014, 09:18

I'm playing a gig on Saturday and I plan to use my JVM 410H. The problem is that when I click on the sixth (last) button on the footswitch in order to toggle between the two master volumes, I get a static-like sound for an instant. Clicking on the button accomplishes what it is supposed to accomplish, namely the footswitch successfully toggles between the master volumes. However, the noise has never occurred before and it is not good for me or for an audience.

My first plan is to open up the footswitch and use some cleaning fluid in that particular button on the footswitch to see if that will do the trick. (It's cleaning fluid that I bought from Stewart-MacDonald to clean pots on guitars, so I'm sure it will be fine for a footswitch toggle button.) However, I am a little skeptical about whether my approach will work, because I understand the JVM 410H footswitch switch only stores the presets but the signal is never routed through the switch. So I don't know why the sound occurs. :smash :bang

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks!

The Fiend
Happiness is playing a Gibson guitar through a Marshall amplifier.

CSJTM145 / JCM1 / 2061X / 2266 / AFD100 / JVM 410H / JCM 900 4102

sikter
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 463 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Re: JVM 410H footswitch noise problem

Postby sikter » 05 Nov 2014, 10:19

I recommend you to replace that switch with new one.
:dunno

Return to “Roadhouse Repair Shop”