Pickup Problem

Solutions, Advice, Mods, and Troubleshooting.

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 17 Dec 2008, 04:42

slowpokerhino wrote:
DeanM wrote:just to be more clear on what i meant....

connect the wire to be soldered where you want it. thru the lug, or in this case to the body of the pot. place the solder iron tip on the wire. let heat for a few seconds. 4r5. this will heat the wire and also the area of the pot it is touching because the heat will travel thru the wire into the pot. then press the solder touching both the wire and the pot....but not the iron. keep the solder pressed firmly until it starts to melt. keep pressing the solder in until the whole joint is covered. then remove solder and soldering iron and let joint cool!!

its kinda hard to explain!! but hope this helps for future reference!! i do electronics in college so iv gotten pretty handy at soldering!!
I'm new to soldering and had a really hard time with the pots also. This should help a lot. Thank you. Still would be easier with a third hand though. :lol:
Or a personel guitar tech!!! :lol: :lol:

anyway glad ta help!

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 18 Dec 2008, 11:53

What do you guys think about this Weller that goes from 5-40 watts?

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 18 Dec 2008, 12:10

I have it - works pretty well.
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

classic rock
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby classic rock » 18 Dec 2008, 13:37

That looks like a nice one. Weller makes good ones, and the price is reasonable. It also got good reviews on amazon.
ELECTRIC GUITARS
American Strat APS-2 \ Gibson Les Paul #34 '57s \ Gibson Les Paul Classic Burstbucker Pros \
AMPS
Marshall VM 2466 425A Cab \ 65 Fender Bassman 50 Watt \ 93 Fender Vibroverb
EFFECTS
Dunlop JH-F1 > Barber Direct Drive LG > Zendrive > Lovepedal Vibe > Fulltone Wah > Korg Pitch Black Tuner > Radial Bigshot A/B/Y Switch
ATTENUATORS
Marshall Powerbrake \ Dr Z Airbrake - - - Powebrake definitely takes the cake - - -

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 18 Dec 2008, 13:39

Yeah I have been thinking about getting it for awhile now, I have a bunch of different ones but you know how G.A.S goes, it can extend beyond pedals, guitars and amps to even soldering irons apparently, lol.

classic rock
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby classic rock » 18 Dec 2008, 13:44

Kongels wrote:Yeah I have been thinking about getting it for awhile now, I have a bunch of different ones but you know how G.A.S goes, it can extend beyond pedals, guitars and amps to even soldering irons apparently, lol.
hahaha its so true, its an addiction man.
ELECTRIC GUITARS
American Strat APS-2 \ Gibson Les Paul #34 '57s \ Gibson Les Paul Classic Burstbucker Pros \
AMPS
Marshall VM 2466 425A Cab \ 65 Fender Bassman 50 Watt \ 93 Fender Vibroverb
EFFECTS
Dunlop JH-F1 > Barber Direct Drive LG > Zendrive > Lovepedal Vibe > Fulltone Wah > Korg Pitch Black Tuner > Radial Bigshot A/B/Y Switch
ATTENUATORS
Marshall Powerbrake \ Dr Z Airbrake - - - Powebrake definitely takes the cake - - -

Return to “Roadhouse Repair Shop”