Padded tone knobs...cool

Solutions, Advice, Mods, and Troubleshooting.

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Padded tone knobs...cool

Postby surfnorthwest » 04 Jan 2009, 07:09

I just noticed that my VM has way cooler tone knobs than my DSL or my Metro Plexi. The knobs on the VM have a nice padding around them while the others are simply hard plastic. Steve where can I order a couple of packages of the padded tone knobs? Korg USA internet parts site does not list them, want to put them on my other amps also.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 05 Jan 2009, 02:00

I don't think we do packages of the soft touch knobs, they are only used on the Vintage Modern series at the moment. However, if you want to try and order some via Korg USA then here are the Marshall Part Numbers; -

KNOB-00032 - Push on 'D' type shaft with indicator line on the knob opposite the flat area of the profile. Used on the 2266C.

KNOB-00041 - Push on 'D' type shaft with indicator line on the knob on the same side as the flat area of the profile. Used on the 2466 and the 2266.

You will have to ensure that the shafts on your other amps are compatable with either of the above. Pull one off your 2466 and try it on the other amps. If it does by chance fit, then make sure that the lindicator line on the knob is oriented the correct way.

Return to “Roadhouse Repair Shop”