bluezguy
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

ABSOLUTELY the BEST Speaker Cables Please

Postby bluezguy » 20 May 2009, 17:26

OK,
My humble old f---'n self is in need of your valued opinions on the best amp to speaker cables for our VMs. :Bounce
I'm about to press the order switch for Monster Pro 1000... 3 footer & 6 footer for 425A & 425B cabs.
What thou sayests??? :dunno
I've personally never done the 'boutique' thang and I think maybe I'm being blinded by the Bulls--t but, could it be I've been missing the boat???
Switchcraft and Neutrix loaded cables have always been faithful to me for over 40 stinkin' years. Now I gotta deal with Monster and Mogami hype and prices??
Set me straight...please :bang
VM 2466 + 425A & 425B
VM 2266 HeAD
Fender Deville 4X10
'69 Fender Bandmaster 2X12 Ext w/Weber 12F150
ES-335 Dot Figured
Gibson Firebird V
LP Standard
SG Standard
Fender AM Std Strat w/CS '69 pups + RS controls
Fender AM Deluxe Strat '98 w/ SD Vintage Flat pups + Gibson P-90
Fender Telecaster w/ Bill Lawrence pups
NATIONAL TRICONE with Schatten transducer & LR Baggs I-beam

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: ABSOLUTELY the BEST Speaker Cables Please

Postby surfnorthwest » 20 May 2009, 20:23

I'm about to press the order switch for Monster Pro 1000...
Don't second guess yourself those are the exact ones I use for all my cabinets and my Mackies. Are they the best, I could never honestly answer that but I will put it this way. For the last 6 years I have always been willing to pay the money for them. IMO these make all the difference and with the money I have in my amps and effect chain I don't want to cheat myself with any other than the Monster cables, I am very happy with them. If they ever go bad (never had one go bad yet) they will replace it for free.

All my cables in the studio are Monster. I use the;

Monster Cable Pro 1000 for cabinet cables
Monster Cable Monster Rock for all my guitars, patch cables, rack gear cables and effects
Monster Cable Monster Keyboard for my boards
Monster Cable Studio Pro 1000 Speakon Cable for my stereo amps and Studio Monitors

For all the cables I have it was a lot of money but I have no noise, interference and most important no worries.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

bluezguy
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby bluezguy » 21 May 2009, 03:38

surfnorthwest wrote: Don't second guess yourself those are the exact ones I use for all my cabinets and my Mackies. Are they the best,
Thanks for that Surf!

I have to wonder because the 3' cable that came in the box with the 2466 &425A rig was a 'no I.D.' plain black cable. Surely Marshall wouldn't through in a piece of HOSA cable or something... would they?

Now that my 425B will be here by the end of the week, I feel the need for the perfectly matched setup.. as best as possible. There's a lot of forums/discussion groups out there where the guys are saying Marshall amps like to be 'choked' a bit by crappy cables to give the best sound output. The first time I read that I'm thinkin' "what a crock 'o turd" but then the more hunting I did, the more of the same was coming out.

I'm with Surf on getting the absolute best... it may eliminate any problems down the road. But, if I don't hear any sonic difference between my low end and the impending purchase, I may pound myself out! Then I'll be going to a gig or two all bruised up and other players will know that I beat myself up over these high end cables... :crazy

Steve, what say you about this?? Some of the best music recordings in history by earthshakers like Mr. Hendrix, Clapton & Boston to name just a few, did not have the luxury of Monster or Mogami. How did they manage to live without these cables? And where do you stand on this 'choked' thing?
I'm ready to buy the high end stuff but I need to buy it with full confidence that my piddly roadhouse earnings are being spent wisely.
Jake.
VM 2466 + 425A & 425B
VM 2266 HeAD
Fender Deville 4X10
ES-335 Dot Figured
Gibson Firebird V
LP Standard
SG Standard

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 21 May 2009, 09:15

I hear truely horrid business practices and boycotts against monster. I have read enough of these to start wondering. It sounds like the guys running that company are complete slimeballs. They have done some pretty rotten things legally to other companys, which if it's true, shows greed as their true motivation. Corporate marketing greed.

I have heard nothing but good from Lavacable.http://www.lavacable.com/index.html
Top notch service and all levels of pricing and whatnot.
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 21 May 2009, 11:38

I have to clear something up here. All the bitching you find on the Internet about Monster deals with their audio/video products such as HDMI cables, DVI, component and RCA cables that are sold for TVs and home surround sound systems and such.

Over the past few years consumers came in droves and bought Plasma and LCD TVs. With the nice amp and speakers to go along with the new TV consumers found themselves needing all kinds of cables for their new entertainent systems. Sales people were shoving Monster cables down there throat which was easily adding a few hundred dollars to their purchase. People started questioning if indeed they needed such expensive cables, this is understandable.

So there became a all out war among retailers and consumers on Monster cable. Many BS articles were written and continue to this day. Google it yourself and you will see the issue does not surround or reference their music cables, it is the consumer video and audio cables for home theater that all the fuss is about.

Monster sells cables for many things and I am convienced that they make a great quality cable for the musician. I have probably 30 Monster cables for different applications in my studio and continue to buy them.

Just wanted to point this out because the video cable issue always flows over into their music cables, that's all
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 21 May 2009, 11:48

It's 90% b.s. 10% truth, signal strength is basically the same, there are alot of tests on the internet. I do think the Mogami are made better and the lifetime gaurantee can pay for itself. I have bought one monster and didn't like it, go figure, lol. Your speaker cables don't take half the abuse your guitar ones do as well, dragged around all the time. All that said, buy the good ones, they will last forever.

bluezguy
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby bluezguy » 21 May 2009, 16:48

surfnorthwest wrote:I have to clear something up here. All the bitching you find on the Internet about Monster deals with their audio/video products such as HDMI cables, DVI, component and RCA cables that are sold for surround sound and such.
Give 'er Surf!!!!! Go boy go!!! :dance

I should clarify that I do use the Monster Performer 500s for all my electric input needs and ONLY Mogami for my live and studio cabling for my acoustic guitars.
STEVE... would you PLEASE put your $5000 (U.S. funds) worth into this discussion. YOU of ALL people DO have the answer. But if ya don't wanna answer because of yer status in the industry, I understand. Go ahead and email me :Bounce
VM 2466 + 425A & 425B
VM 2266 HeAD
Fender Deville 4X10
ES-335 Dot Figured
Gibson Firebird V
LP Standard
SG Standard