Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Went with Carvins powerd Monitors

Postby surfnorthwest » 02 Jul 2009, 09:19

After much research into mobile powered monitors it came down to the JBL EONs, Mackie SRM 450, and Carvins LM15A. I decided after looking into the flexibility and specs and weight you simply cannot beat the deal on the Carvins. There built in amps and NEO drivers are better. Also the ability to EQ and the flexible connections won me over on them.

I got two plus the cables and heavy stands for under $900 which is a pretty good bargin even being factory direct.

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

HappyBlues
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Went with Carvins powerd Monitors

Postby HappyBlues » 27 Jul 2009, 04:40

Prolly you did good. I heard many sound engineers saying that JBL does pretty good speakers, but only in their high price range. They said there is only one good thing about cheap JBL's - they're built like a tank. But soundwise you get much better things from some other companies... We have SRX 712's I think they are about 1,3kW each... We use four for our open air gigs and we really can't turn them very high... And they ARE built like tanks and have really great sound. Doesn't hurt my VM's vintage tone :)
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 3x SC, natural finish, RM Pickups RS6s
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 2x SC, 1x HB, transparent red finish
Boss FA-1, Fender PT-100 Tuner, Boss BluesDriver 2 clone - dual channel, Fulldrive 2 Mosfet clone, Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy, Electro-Harmonix Worm (the big one)
Custom made amp in hardwood cabinet and Fender Blackface and Marshall Jub type preamps. Jub power amp. Celestion G12 Century Next speaker.

Return to “Speakers and Cabinets”