Moderator: longfxukxnhair

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

New Cab Marshall 1960TV

Postby DeanM » 05 Aug 2009, 12:43

I scored a marshall 1960TV today!! bought one used at a pretty good price!! its not perfect. there is a few marks on it but they're mostly at the back anyway so its grand! and from the front it looks almost new. its got 4 G12M greenbacks. TV stands for "Tall Vintage" cos the cab is about 3inches (8cm) taller than the standard size cabs!

Pics to come.

i got a decent price too and is in great condition.
400.00 EUR = 576.547 USD or 339.147 GBP

i was thinkin of upgrading my cheap MG cab to greenbacks but that would have cost the same anyway!! if not more!! so im pretty happy with the deal i got! and id have a better chance of sellin the cab intact rather than the individual speakers.
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Re: New Cab Marshall 1960TV

Postby gtrman » 05 Aug 2009, 15:19

The 1960TV looks really cool ... and I bet sound even cooler. Greenbacks ... yes perfect for the VM !
Congrats ! Post them pics !
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker

Postby DeanM » 05 Aug 2009, 15:58

cheers dude!! i was goin to get the 2266 but now im goin to get a 2466. i was plannin on usin a 2x12 with greenbacks which wudn be suitable for the 2466 so wasnt sure what to do. as in go for a 4x12 or a 2x12 with dif speakers. so when i saw this in an advertisement i jumped on it!!

its pretty cool lookin alright! cos i was expectin a black cab with the greyish grill cloth and the standard white marshall logo. but this is kinda greenish i think and has the gold marshall logo. looks very vintage!!

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 05 Aug 2009, 16:33

That's a very cool cab. Way too big for my tired old ass to lug around but I know you young guys don't mind.
Congrats, I bet it will sound great. I know Carlo (Slash%$#&) has one.

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker

Postby DeanM » 06 Aug 2009, 05:53

cheers slowpoke!

yeah me and my friend went up to get it. we had to pick it up in dublin city center and my friend tawt it would be handier to leave the car outside the city n get public transport into it. BAD IDEA!! cos we also had to walk a fair distance!! lucky it has wheels!!! at a rough guess i ended up havin to wheel it about 2or3 miles between transport!! and lifting it at every road or bumpy path!! took us a while to get back to the car with it!! bout an hpur i think!

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 08 Aug 2009, 20:12

If thats the one with the kinda silver/grey checked grill cloth I am a bit jealous. I love the way those look. Sounds like you got a nice score grats.

Oh your on the other side of the pond, so I guess I should say something like "that'll make fer a nice bit o kit mate" or something like that :tounge
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker

Postby DeanM » 09 Aug 2009, 13:53

i had to rewire the OT on my amp cos when i was buildin it i was too lazy ta put the extra jack on it!! cos i only had an 8ohm cab!! but this is 16!! but anyway it was only one wire that i had to move!!

this cab sounds excellent!! the greenies delivered exactly what i was hopin for! the old cab sounded muddy and didn really cut thru well if say i was jammin along with a song. id have to turn the amp up to hear it clearly. but this sounds way better!! sounds clear and not muddy at all! and the notes have much more deffinition!! and it cuts thru much better!! the MG cab had mids but i think they wer not good mids. where as this has all the right mids!!!

and thats just with my DIY amp!! i know that with a VM or other amps like jtm45, 1974, 1987, this cab will sound class!!
lowenzz wrote:If thats the one with the kinda silver/grey checked grill cloth I am a bit jealous. I love the way those look. Sounds like you got a nice score grats.
cheers dude!! and yep thats the one!!

PICS!!!!

LOVE this logo!! really sets it off!!
BILD1322.JPG
Attachments
BILD1324.JPG
BILD1325.JPG
BILD1326.JPG
BILD1327.JPG

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted

Postby slowpokerhino » 09 Aug 2009, 14:08

Why do you have a roll of toilet paper by the computer? Uh......nevermind. :doh :bgrin

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker

Postby DeanM » 09 Aug 2009, 14:10

and a few more!! sorry if theyre massive! and notice how the speaker has made in england round the edge of the green cover? there was discussion on this recently so does that mean i was lucky enough to get an english made set or cud they still be from where ever they come from now? it doesn bother me either way tho.
Attachments
BILD1328.JPG
BILD1329.JPG
BILD1330.JPG

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker

Postby DeanM » 09 Aug 2009, 14:12

slowpokerhino wrote:Why do you have a roll of toilet paper by the computer? Uh......nevermind. :doh :bgrin
:laugher :laugher well thats actually my bros room!! the pics wit the amp on top are in my room! also this cab is massive!! thats a 2x12 beside it and its quite a bit taller!!

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted

Postby slowpokerhino » 09 Aug 2009, 14:24

It is my understanding that if they say "Made in England" than they are. The Chinese made speakers will not say where they are made anywhere. The all say "Celestion International LTD, Ipswich, England" on the label which I find misleading in the case of the Chinese speakers.

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker

Postby DeanM » 09 Aug 2009, 14:30

that makes sense actually!! cant see them wanting to advertise that theyre made in china!! if these wer chineese speakers tho i wudn care! wudnt bother me. the label would have the base address. so its not claiming made in england but that is where the headquarters are. but yeah yer right i can see people assuming that it is the manufacturing address!.

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 09 Aug 2009, 15:17

Your ittsy bitsy amp sitting on top o that monster oversized cab cracks me up. Kinda like baby Huey got his head shrunk with some strange mojo voodoooo.

I know that cab sounds great allready. enjoy bud.
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker

Postby DeanM » 09 Aug 2009, 16:08

lowenzz wrote:Your ittsy bitsy amp sitting on top o that monster oversized cab cracks me up. Kinda like baby Huey got his head shrunk with some strange mojo voodoooo.

I know that cab sounds great allready. enjoy bud.
haha yeah i know it does look a little lonely up der on top!!

only one thing i was disappointed with is that i thought it would have the stereo/mono switch but thats not on these models. with that i could have ab'd two amps or play one amp with a 2x12. ya know like just experiment a little. but sure its not that big a deal anyway. i dont even have two amps to a/b!!! :laugher

cheers dude! i will enjoy it! all my gear has been cheap ass stuff so far so its great ta have somethin with a bit of quality for a change with this cab and the MXR CC i bought off slowpoke. nxt on the list VM head!!! :yea

Return to “Speakers and Cabinets”