Moderator: longfxukxnhair

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Harley Benton G212 Vintage

Postby DeanM » 16 Jan 2010, 16:09

Picked up a used one yesterday. I bought it for the V30 speakers! but was worried that the cab itself would be just a cheap cab with good speakers thrown in!! i was wrong! its actually really good construction!

this cab is 200 new online at thomann! i got it for 130. two V30s alone would cost me 200!!! i was thinking maybe they use cheap versions of the vintage30 and just say vintage 30s and not celestion but the site clearly states celestion! but i still couldnt see how the cab can be so cheap! so i decided to open it up n have a look.

the biggest drawback is that the cab is sealed. well that can be good from a tone point of view but if you wanna change speakers your F***ed! so i decided to remove one of the handles at the side to see inside. first thing i realised and was supprised by is that the cab comes with proper metal side handles!! then i took it off and noticed that theyre made from thick sheets of plywood!! 16mm thomann says. then i also noticed inside that the back of the cab is coated in acoustic damping material! and of course its loaded with real celestion V30s!!

so thats. . .
2x Celestion Vintage30 speakers
!6mm plywood construction
acoustic damping material
metal side handles
black tolex with black grill and white binding, looks very nice
Good size, fairly big

and most importantly
sounds awesome!!!!!

very happy with it!! and at the price its a complete bargain!
RECOMMENDED!! if you want a 2x12 for the 100watt VM!

so im happy now that i have a V30 cab and a greenback cab!! two very good options for a variation of tones!
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Return to “Speakers and Cabinets”