Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Granger M100 SuperPlexi demo

Postby surfnorthwest » 28 Oct 2009, 20:19

My friend Curt made a short video with some clips of his new 100 watt superplexi he builds. It is the big brother to the 50 watt plexi I got from him so this one has more headroom than mine. If anyone is looking to add a 1959 type amp to your collection this one is a great option. You can also custom mod it up front before you buy if there is something specific you want.

[youtube][/youtube]
This amp is all-tube, hand-wired and inspired by the late 60's era Marshall Superlead, and has a PPIV (Lar-Mar) master volume, and specific component value changes made to my personal preferences. It utilizes Solen and Sozo signal caps, JJ, Sprague, and F&T filter caps, JJ EL34 and ECC83S tubes. PT, OT and choke are Magnetic Components, Inc, made to my specs.

The recording is a 2000 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus (tuned to STANDARD 440 tuning since someone said tuning half step doesn't demonstrate the true tone of the amp... yeah right!) plugged straight into the amp. The cabinet is a standard 4x12 made of 3/4" baltic birch loaded with 8 ohm Mojotone BV-25s, wired in series/parallel for 8 ohms. The mic is a Shure SM57, into a dbx386 mic pre, and recorded on a Roland VS-1680. Reverb and tape echo effects added at mixdown.

For more info visit http://www.GrangerAmp.com
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”