Moderator: longfxukxnhair

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Randall MTS

Postby kissfanps » 23 Jul 2010, 19:13

Hey Y'all! Haven't been around in a while - works a bitch.

So I have recently discovered the Randall MTS. I always thought that modelers were cool to play around with, but when it came time for quality you have to go with the real deal. However, the MTS looks pretty unique in that the entire preamp circuitry is changed when you go to a difference model, its not just a "sound".

Anyone have any experience?
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Randall MTS

Postby Beck-Ola » 23 Jul 2010, 22:34

Just FYI, the JMD does all that too, with the controls reacting differently for the various preamp models and goes one further in that the output section also changes with different models, for example the damping factor changes, maybe the negative feedback.

The manual says "the valve power amp's analogue circuitry is also changed to complement the different preamps, with optimum resonance values automatically selected to maximize the JMD:1's response."

They just keep getting better, don't they? Haven't tried an MTS but I know Randall makes some good stuff.
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

Kind of know how he feels.

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”