tramp
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

orange Thunder 30 (TH30)

Postby tramp » 04 Nov 2010, 22:06

http://www.orangeamps.com/products.asp? ... ist&Cat=29

Looks interesing, Like the dual terror, has the ability to be switched down to 15 and 7 watts. I own the dual terror and its a sweet feature. Powered by el84s. Apparently meant to have an awesome clean tone and a dial to control the shape of the crunch channel (one way is all mids, the other scooped mids with more high and low)

More gain than any other amp they've made!!!! :yea

Apparently they have been released in the uk at least, anyone played one yet?

The downside is that apparently they're planning to discontinue the rocker 30 in favour of this. Which is weird as it hasn;t been an unsuccessful amp. So if you where planning on buyin a rocker, do it now!

mety
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: orange Thunder 30 (TH30)

Postby mety » 05 Nov 2010, 02:13

I tried one earlier this month, when they were released at Sounds Live, Newcastle.
I loved it and will be buying one, but I may hold out for a black one. :Thumbs

I wanted to part-ex my JMD but they wouldn't take it. :dunno
If anyone wants to buy my JMD, please give me a shout. (seriously)

Regarding the TH30:
The clean channel is from the old Rockerverb, re-voiced slightly to suit the amp's EL84s. There are treble and bass controls to this channel.
The dirty channel is the Rockerverb 4-stage lead channel married with the shape control from channel B of the old Thunderverb.
It has the same power switching capabilities and transformer as the Dual Terror. (Two tube/four tube switch and half power switch, 30, 15 and 7 watts.)
It has an FX loop.
There are no built-in effects.

So its a Rockerverb pre-amp with different (or stripped down) EQ controls and the poweramp of the Dual Terror - plus an FX Loop.

It will be my next amp, unless SteveD creates another masterpiece that I can't resist! :bgrin
Gibson Les Paul 25/50 Anniversary Custom, Les Paul Custom, Les Paul Standard, SG Special Faded.
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard Plus,
Custom-Made CH Iommi SG Standard.
Boss GT-10.
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 (2007), ]JMP50 (1974), 2203 MkII Master Volume. (1979) Orange TH30 (2011)
Marshall Vintage Modern 425A, 425B (2007).
Marshall 1960A (1978) 1960B (1980). (G12T-75's)
http://www.sabbatica.co.uk

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”