Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Squier Nut
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Eminence Ragin Cajun

Postby Squier Nut » 10 Jul 2012, 11:59

I found an Eminence Ragin' Cajun for sale on my friendly neighborhood CL. I'm curious if anyone has tried one in their C5. I'm happy with the stock Celestion but not afraid to try something different, in the interest of better tone of course. :jam
FWIW, I play blues-based classic rock. I threw a Zvex Box of Rock in front of my C5, and, using just the boost side, am in classic Marshall tone heaven! Most of my guitars have lower output pickups in them, so rolling back the guitar volume knob cleans things up just enough for me. The only mod I performed was installing a Hall Amplification VVR3. The VVR3 lets me crank it unmic'ed with my band, then drop the volume and still roar when I'm practicing at home or mic'ed up. It's definitely a worthwhile mod IMHO.
Anywho, thanks in advance for any opinions on the Ragin' Cajun! Rock on!!
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

TheLesPaul101
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 20 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Eminence Ragin Cajun

Postby TheLesPaul101 » 11 Jul 2012, 05:49

Its a good speaker.. my friend uses eminence speakers for everything and his tone is great.. and + if you dont like it then you can just put the stock speaker back in. i would go for it aslong as the price is good
Guitars: Fender CS Stratocaster, Guild GAD C-1, Morelli "Flaxwood Custom"
Amps: Fender Blues JR., Roland Cube 30x
Effects: Maxon OD808--> Maxon OD820-->BBE Sonic Stomp-->Boss DD-20 Giga Delay w/ Boss FS-5U-->Strymon Flint

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Eminence Ragin Cajun

Postby surfnorthwest » 11 Jul 2012, 19:37

Changing the speaker is the single biggest thing you can do to that amp to change up the voice. Unfortunately there is no easy way to try many speakers before you buy, and a certain speaker might sound great with one amp but not another.

What I am saying is you have to just take a chance. I did this some years ago and would buy four Celestions and if I liked them I kept them if not I sold them and bought four more. Luck for you it is only a single speaker.

I say try it out, if you do not like it sell it and get as much of your money back as possible.

Let us know how it goes if you do it.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall Class 5”