price list with 1x12 C5 and 15watt C5 head is this true?

Marshall Class 5

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Steve
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 36 times
Been liked: 99 times

price list with 1x12 C5 and 15watt C5 head is this true?

Postby Steve » 15 Oct 2012, 03:08

hey guys so i came across this price list from the Canadian distributor for Marshall. it says revised combo with 1x12 and a 15watt head. I am guessing that the 1x12 will be coming soon but is the 15 watt head just a typo or will it really be a 15 watter? also my local store contacted the distributor to see if they could get me one and they said the class 5 was discontinued so it makes sense that they would update it.

anyone know if this reflects what marshall will be putting out in the near furture? I just purchased a class 5 head but i think i can still cancel the order (of course i saw this right AFTER i placed the order. GRR).

really not sure what to do here, I am wondering if i just wait a while if I will get a better amp, or if i should just go through with the sale (they wont be shipping it out right away anyways so i have time to let them know) any input from you guys would be really appreciated. Oh and does anyone know if the pricing on their is the MSRP or the actual street price?

here is the link to the price list http://www.eriksonmusic.com/sites/defau ... 12_1_0.pdf

exotl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 26 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: price list with 1x12 C5 and 15watt C5 head is this true?

Postby exotl » 15 Oct 2012, 04:42

Just look into the column "Model" - it says "C5-01" and "C5H", which identifies them as the amps we already know. Now if the amps would undergo substantial changes, the model number would surely change - no matter what they say in the column "Description", there's nothing new under the sun IMO.

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Postby Cousin Muely » 15 Oct 2012, 11:27

I think its probably a misprint. Go for the C5 since you already have it on order. Great amp and there will always be something new down the road anyway to get your attention. Never ends.

Steve
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 36 times
Been liked: 99 times

Postby Steve » 15 Oct 2012, 12:09

Thanks for the input guys, I spoke with a rep from the Marshall distributor who said that the class 5 was discontinued in January and they left that up because some dealers still had them in stock at the time, but that it should no longer be up there, and the rep also said he took down the list as well. he also said Marshall is planning for a similar combo next year but from the sounds of it there isn't a lot of info on it yet, so it may or may not be an updated class 5. I went through with the sale on the head, and the distributor still has some cabs left in the warehouse so I got my local store to order me the C110. I should hopefully have the amp within the next couple of weeks.

Return to “Marshall Class 5”