Moderator: longfxukxnhair

MakoML
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Low Power mode problems

Postby MakoML » 13 Jul 2014, 20:42

I did the low power mode mod to my Class 5 combo last year. I pretty much play it cranked thru the headphone jack into a 4x12 cab. I hadn't played thru it in awhile and today noticed it sounded like crap. Thought maybe it was the speaker so plugged it into the 4x12, still sounded horrid, like a rattling truss rod only I plugged in several guitars and it did it with all of them

I then switched it back to normal and ran the 4x12 thru the normal extension cab jack and it sounded great again. I had thought I had microphonic tubes or something going on, but why would it clear itself up just by eliminating the headphone jack?

Anyone else experience this with the low power mode? What would the best guess be as to how to fix it? I am starting to think that headphone out wasn't really designed for and tested enough for what most of us have been using it for..................?

zen
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Low Power mode problems

Postby zen » 14 Jul 2014, 05:32

MakoML wrote: I am starting to think that headphone out wasn't really designed for and tested enough for what most of us have been using it for..................?
you're probably right, makoML :) you're the pioneer for all of us.
.... gone where no man has gone before :yourock
--==[ Fender's were made to tame Marshall's ]==--
Hwy1
Blacktop
C5-01 + C110
Krank

Return to “Marshall Class 5”