Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

New Class 5 section

Postby surfnorthwest » 05 Oct 2009, 13:22

I got a couple of those WTF pm's so I wanted to let you all know that Steve did not ask for this I added it on my own. Because Steve takes the time and gives a shit about us regular Joes who play Marshall's he designed this is a logical place to add a discussion area on the amp.

Personally I think the class 5 is going to a big seller with thousands of bedroom guitar heros as well as professional slingers. There are too many good knowledgable players here as well as Steve, Mety, and Chris to help provide support for the amp. In fact I will later be adding a section for the JH100 also as well as Steve's future amps still to come.

Yes there are two other big Marshall Forums but if you frequent those I think you have to agree this one is pretty unique. In the end this will always be the Vintage Modern Forum but I hope you all agree that we can talk and support more than one Marshall.

Any thoughts or comments welcomed.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

dos
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: New Class 5 section

Postby dos » 05 Oct 2009, 13:33

I completely agree with you Surf. Although I have not heard it in person yet, I see the Class5 as a very close relative to the VM in terms of sound and spirit. Can't wait to get it delivered! :jam

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 05 Oct 2009, 16:59

We had discussed adding a "Class 5 section" a bit while you were gone Surf.
I had intended on doing it once the amps were actually available in the U.S. but am glad you beat me to it since I probably would have screwed it up. :dance

I have been giving the Class 5 and the state of my finances vs. needs a lot of thought lately. The VM is a great amp but really is overkill for how little I actually play out. I will play one as soon as I can and am seriously considering replacing my VM with a pair of Class 5s. One with a Dr. Z Brake Lite installed (for home use). The only question is will it be loud enough un-miced in a live situation. :dunno

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 06 Oct 2009, 01:53

surfnorthwest wrote: In fact I will later be adding a section for the JH100 also as well as Steve's future amps still to come.
'MA Series' section due soon methinks.
Still my guitar gently weeps

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 06 Oct 2009, 06:04

Soooo, the MA has your signiture also, i suspected that. I really want to put the 100 watt to the test! (not that I need anymore amps)

Steve could you PM me and let me know what Marshalls are your design and I will add those sections to the forum.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 06 Oct 2009, 13:56

Very nice add Surf. I agree with you that since the maker of these amps frequents this board that we should have all of his babies listed here. I too amp looking into the Class 5 when it becomes available.
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

Return to “Marshall Class 5”