Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Ghostrider
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Now this is getting ridiculous

Postby Ghostrider » 23 Nov 2009, 19:35

For over two months now many online music vendors here in the US such as Sameday Music, Musicians Friend, and Sweetwater have been advertising the Class 5 for sale. However they all say something to the effect of the amp is coming soon. I ordered one about a week ago because I was emailed that the amp was going to be available that week. Then I was then told that I could expect to get one around December 12th. Today I was told that that date has been pushed back again and they just do not know when the amps will show up. What is going on?

Marshall has to take a little blame here. If their distributor Korg is that screwed up that they cannot get these amps out to the dealer’s months after its release then Marshall should see to it that Korg does not allow the vendors to advertize the amp for sale, or better yet find a competent distributor for the amp. I do not know if I will cancel the order yet because it isn't something I have to have, but man I am about ready to look elsewhere, this is getting ridiculous. :thumbsdown
Twin 2466 amps

chess999
<25
<25
Been liked: 0

Re: Now this is getting ridiculous

Postby chess999 » 23 Nov 2009, 21:14

easy solution for you. there's one on ebay right now for $300.00. Of course it rattles like all of them do, but there you go. Cancel your other order.

exotl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 26 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby exotl » 24 Nov 2009, 02:35

Ghostrider wrote:If their distributor Korg is that screwed up that they cannot get these amps out to the dealer’s months after its release then Marshall should see to it that Korg does not allow the vendors to advertize the amp for sale, ...
This seems common practice - last summer I ordered (and paid for) the new Danelectro Dead On '58 Longhorn bass and the seller kept pushing the delivery for 6 weeks - when it finally arrived it was defective and so was the replacement copy - then after 2 month I finally got my money back - sure 'nuff I did leave a realy bad review at Harmony Central. :thumbsdown
But on the other hand, as a foolish consumer I got myself to blame a little bit too, having alowed my greed to be bigger than my patience.

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 24 Nov 2009, 04:53

exotl wrote: This seems common practice
+1 This happened with my Mini Deja Vibe 2. Took forever! I was ready to go crazy :draw HA I have always wanted to use that smilie!
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

spidey
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby spidey » 25 Nov 2009, 16:34

chess999 wrote:easy solution for you. there's one on ebay right now for $300.00. Of course it rattles like all of them do, but there you go. Cancel your other order.
They don't all rattle. I've had mine since it came out in the UK - still great in every way and doesn't rattle.
I'll give you everything but my guitar and my car.....

Green
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby Green » 26 Nov 2009, 03:27

Mine don´t rattle! I´ve played loud many hours since I got it.
It really sounds good, Bass@3, Middle@6, Treble@5 and Volume@6-8.
Even in a pretty loud bandsituation it holds up! A drivepedal or a fuzz in front.... watch out!!!!
The speaker in the C5 sounds great, much bigger than it is, pretty bassheavy actually, love it!

Return to “Marshall Class 5”