Moderator: longfxukxnhair

itgoesto11uc
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Idea to Cure Tube Rattle in Combo Amp

Postby itgoesto11uc » 02 Jan 2010, 07:01

Relocate tube using a wiring harness that connects the tube to the socket. Would this work or would it create other problems? I was thinking that if I could move the EL-84 power tube further away from the source of vibration, it might be a way of solving the tube rattle issue I had with my Marshall Class 5. What do you think?

Lowdown
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Idea to Cure Tube Rattle in Combo Amp

Postby Lowdown » 03 Jan 2010, 04:19

Whether or not this would work...I really think that NO ONE should have to make any rectifications to a problem(s) that should not be there to start with. :deney

Things have been very quiet lately(also taking into consideration it's holiday season)re. this problem.
Already these amps have been christened "The Rattler",which I'm sure Steve isn't too impressed about,nor am I seeing as I'm a lucky contestant w/out the rattle(so far :pray ).
But man,I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the Milton Keynes R&D office right now.
Must be a lotta sh*t hitting their fans...

rvin28
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0

Re: Idea to Cure Tube Rattle in Combo Amp

Postby rvin28 » 03 Jan 2010, 16:37

Happy New Year to all,
All quiet because of the holiday period but alas, i don't think that they can totally cure the problem.

I Have now had thoughts about a 5 watt 2 x10 - given the bigger cabinet this might work extremely well!

Return to “Marshall Class 5”