Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

The MA 50 getting some love

Postby surfnorthwest » 13 Nov 2010, 08:00

I was over on the Sweetwater site this morning and ran across some nice reviews on the MA.

Outstanding amp
I paired this head with it's counter part cabinet M412B. I run a custom Ibanez Artist and play rock such as AC/DC, 3 Doors Down, etc. This amp is exactly the sound I'm looking for at an outstanding price. Pros: The clean channel is bright and vibrant. It really covers a broad range of tones and has a really good "feel" to it. The OD channel is pure Marshall. I got a fantastic crunch (think AC/DC) in no time at all. The boost channel is perfect for that extra punch during solos. It's very easy to setup as well.
Cons: I do not recommend playing this amp at low level (bedroom) volumes. It's got a nasty buzz and loses a lot of tone with the volume down. Turning the volume up rectifies this.
Final Thoughts: This amp thrives when turned up. The harder I push it, the better it sounds. I would definitely recommend this amp to others.

Couldn't be happier with my new Marshall MA50H and M412A Cabinet
I just got my new Marshall MA50H and matching 412A cabinet. Having only played through my Blues Junior (with all the BillM mods added) and VOX AC4TV amps now I fully understand what a real professional amplifier sounds like! Mostly playing my Martin J-40 through the clean channel at this time - and it sounds heavenly. Will be setting up the crunch and boost configuration this weekend to see how the Les Paul and Stats sound. Thanks Mr. Marshall!!!

Cant wait
OK I know its cheating, writing a review without having the amp yet, but ive heard it and it sounds dynamite(to my ear very simillar to the MkII of the late 70's and early 80's) . I am so jazzed that Marshall is FINALLY providing a high quality , mid-priced range of tube amps i could scream! Fender and VOX have been providing same for several years now and it has only enhanced thier brands. Great job with the Class 5 and MA range Marshall.Im gonna go get in line for a Class 5 and an MA50, excuse me.

Couldn't Be Happier - Review #2
Now that I've had a chance to play more with the Les Paul and Strats - I'm still very, very pleased with the true Marshall sound that I get - full sonic range and very powerful. But, to be fair, it doesn't sound quite as rich and harmonically pleasing as the top end Marshalls and the classics like the JTM45, JCM800, and Plexi head. My solution? The VOX Tonelab ST! Now I get VERY, VERY close to the ideal Marshall sound in my head that really reminds me of the old-time Jimi Page and Jeff Beck days. All true musicians are always on that quest for THE TONE. This combination of amp, cab and front-end tone shaper pedal does it for me - on my budget. I'm also experimenting to see what types of Fender tones I can get from it. The tonal possibilities are nearly endless. The Tonelab also sounds REALLY nice hooked up to my VOX AC4TV, most especially with the various Marshall amp & cab voicings. It's a fun and interesting time we live in!
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall MA”