Rev al
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

MA 50c or MHZ 40c ? Advice request.

Postby Rev al » 05 Jan 2011, 15:51

Hello all.
My home combo (non-Marshall) has blown for the last time. I'm after replacing it now and have been reading up on Marshall's smaller combos.
I'm very interested in the above two - But don't know what the differences are, or their particular specialities. Which is more recent ?
Can anyone shed light on these ? Sounds, flexibility of tones from classic to modern high gain - Clean tones - Solo boost etc ?
I'd like to be able to do smaller gigs, but this purchase will primarily be for a 'Home' amp.

Many thanks
Al

jagermike66
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Re: MA 50c or MHZ 40c ? Advice request.

Postby jagermike66 » 06 Jan 2011, 05:58

Hi Al,

I own the head version of the MA50. As far as I know the MA is newer than the Haze series. I would say if youre gigging I would go with the MA50 just for its raw power. Even the 50 watt version is rediculously loud and really needs cranking to get make it sing. The Haze looks better suited for a practice amp with occasional gigging.

The MA is a rock amp through and through, whereas the Haze is more restrained, and a bit more bluesy. Also the Haze has built in effects and better switching options. The MA just has non switchable reverb. Both models have a boost function to my knowledge. The MA is an overdrive boost rather than a solo boost, not sure about the haze.

Id say it depends on how much gigging you will be doing with it. If its a lot go with the MA, if not and you maybe want to do some home recording, Id go with the haze. Hope this helps!

Mike

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

Postby guitarest » 06 Jan 2011, 15:21

Spend a few extra bucks and grab a JMD and be done with buying amps and using pedals. The amp is nothing short of first class.

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Beck-Ola » 06 Jan 2011, 17:48

Rev al wrote:Sounds, flexibility of tones from classic to modern high gain - Clean tones - Solo boost etc ?
I'd like to be able to do smaller gigs, but this purchase will primarily be for a 'Home' amp.
I agree with guitarest. Sounds like a JMD:50 combo would be the perfect solution. You can get both of those amps' sounds and much more. Great clean sounds, crunch, overdrive, and heavy distortion. And with the footswitch presets, you can easily kick in any boosts or tweaks your heart desires. :Thumbs
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

Kind of know how he feels.

davir
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby davir » 21 Apr 2011, 16:45

i own a jmd 501 combo and i can tell you that i am very happy with that amp i am just not sure if i did a good choice by picking the combo, but you need to check it out to, good luck.

Return to “Marshall MA”