Moderator: longfxukxnhair

mistergiba
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

noisy effects loop

Postby mistergiba » 18 Oct 2011, 01:37

Hello, I am an Italian boy, excellent forum!!!! I am a happy owner of an ma100h,great amp,but there is a small problem on the my effects loop,it's a bit noisy,i can hear a slight rustle.it's normal or just my case???Thanks for your attention. :help :help
Amps & Cabinets : MARSHALL MA100H + MARSHALL MC412A

Guitars : Fender American Standard 2007 Sunburst Stratocaster with Fender SCN Pickups in neck/middle position and DiMarzio Hotrail in bridge position

Pedal Board : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/img160j.jpg/

Crunchifyable
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: noisy effects loop

Postby Crunchifyable » 18 Oct 2011, 18:49

Have you tried plugging a known good patch cable through the effects loop, with the loop enabled? If you still have noise with a simple cable connecting the loop, then yes, maybe something is wrong.

If you add effects to the loop, you will probably hear a small bit of noise, which can come from cables (which aren't perfect) and the effects themselves (which can add noise).

If you know for sure that the effects device and cables you have are good and relatively noiseless, then I'd consider taking the amp back or having it repaired.

I will say that an occasional rustle sound could be RF (radio frequency) interference, which is caused by your effects devices or amp picking up radio waves. Shielding is supposed to mostly eliminated.

Sort of funny...mine has a slight, very low volume rustle sound that goes away almost completely when I use bypass the pre-amp and use the effects loop. Sort of the opposite issue, and quite minor.

mistergiba
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby mistergiba » 19 Oct 2011, 02:43

Thanks a lot, Crunchifyable. After reading your exact considerations I tried the effects loop with nothing inserted and it's noise-free!!!I'm glad that the problem is not the/my effects loop.
Now i have the g-sharp of tc-electronic(that is the problem i think now),before i had a rocktron expression with marshall jvm410h and the same cables but no noise.Steve please i need your opinion if it's possible
Amps & Cabinets : MARSHALL MA100H + MARSHALL MC412A

Guitars : Fender American Standard 2007 Sunburst Stratocaster with Fender SCN Pickups in neck/middle position and DiMarzio Hotrail in bridge position

Pedal Board : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/img160j.jpg/

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 19 Oct 2011, 13:17

Welcome to the forum mistergiba. :Thumbs

There's not much I can add except to make sure you have set the G sharp's input level and other parameters up optimally according to the recommendations in the manual that came with it.
Still my guitar gently weeps

Return to “Marshall MA”