Moderator: longfxukxnhair

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul
Has Liked: 87 times
Been liked: 527 times

Yet another JTM45 Offset clip

Postby aristotle » 17 Jan 2012, 00:05

This is starting to become my #1. Really, the JTM45/100 is every bit as good, but the Offset is lower power (I think) and breaks up at lower volumes...which makes it easier to manage live. The offset, through either the matching cab, or with the Vox 2x12 loaded with Celestion Blues is really an ideal live rig for classic rock.

I'm having fun trying to figure out how to record it so that the essence of the amp and guitars come through. This one is with a vintage '54 Les Paul with P90s, and a PRS 25th anniversary using Near Field pickups. The clips are edited so that the LP and PRS are back to back for each clip to show how the amp reacts differently with the different guitars. The recording was done with an SM57 direct into a Zoom portable recorder. The amp was set, and not touched during either recording. Channels were jumped, and the volume was relatively low for both (4ish on the bright volume, and a bit less than that for the normal volume.) The gainy section at the end uses a Fulltone OCD. Guitar volume and tone knobs were full on throughout. First clip was on the neck pickup, and the second two on the bridge pickup.

[youtube][/youtube]

Return to “Marshall JTM”