HOW RELIABLE ARE THE TRANSFORMERS and other bits?

The Limited Edition Jimi Hendrix Recreation

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

nznat
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

HOW RELIABLE ARE THE TRANSFORMERS and other bits?

Postby nznat » 31 Jan 2010, 13:53

Hello. Im new on here. My question is the heading of this post. Drake transformers, how good are they? I seen many a post suggesting the drake transformer is not the best by a long shot and many get replaced. Mainly the 80s early 90s ish era amps as ive seen. But im no guru on this. I have had 3 marshalls, and all died on me form very little use and perfect treatment. 2 within a month and that was used lightly at home as stated. 2 x TSL122 and 1 JVM410c died. Thats sad. I love the marshall tone, its "my" tone. I have butterflies in the belly when i hear "that tone", yet also from being all worried about an imminent purchase im thinking of making shortly. A Brand New Marshall Jimi Hendrix Signature Full Stack. Over here in New Zealabd where i am, there is one more left in a shop, its number 209. the price in New Zealand is $9699. Yeah, its still the same money as you, only worth less, but still a true nearly $10,000. I want it, love the tone, will keep it for years, but the understatement of the year is, "will it need fixing" - cost of that. I need help with the butterflies and dont want to be fixing any more Marshalls? :high Especially extremely expensive parts form a rare thing like this. :smash I have fantastic rare vintage pedals to put through it, vibe, thomas wah, TS808 screamer handwired aswell, cool. :cowbell

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Re: HOW RELIABLE ARE THE TRANSFORMERS and other bits?

Postby SteveD » 01 Feb 2010, 11:57

Welcome to the forum nznat. :Thumbs

There are no issues with The Super100JH, transformers or otherwise. :winking
Still my guitar gently weeps

Return to “Marshall Super100JH”